Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Transition

More rain today.

We are getting control of the various medical conditions du jour. The red eyes are now just a lovely shade of pink and there is no more green goop. The raging poop has slowed down and Bailey is eating again. All's right with the world. It looks like a go for class tomorrow night. I haven't broken the news to the students yet.



We have a carved sleigh bed. I saw one in a magazine ad just after we were married, but we couldn't afford it at the time. For many years we had no headboard and finally a few years ago I decided that we should have a headboard. I think we looked in every furniture store in three counties, but I couldn't find the right one. Then, one day we walked into a furniture store near here looking for something else and there it was, a beautiful carved sleigh bed. I bought a heavy suede and lambswool cover and it's so warm and comfy.

Anyway, after that long build-up, Fudge stands at the foot of the bed and pretends it's a fishing boat and he's the masthead. He does this daily while I get dressed. I don't know what he gets out of it, but I think it's pretty funny.

I am feeling a strong creative urge lately. I am planning some Christmas gifts and am about ready to start work on them. I have a box full of baby sweaters, bonnets, booties and blankets all knit up and just waiting for the ribbons and buttons to be attached, then they'll be ready to deliver to a hospital.

I have a new embroidery sewing machine that I am dying to play with. I haven't the foggiest idea how to use the embroidery function, but I'll figure it out. I recently bought some clay and am going to try sculpting. I don't really expect that to work out too well.

Here are some characters I made a few years ago and tucked away. They'll probably go to the hospital, too.


I really like this fellow. He's supposed to be a triceratops.






Many years ago I made dolls and toys. I really want to do it again. It a fun way to fulfill those creative urges. I guess I'm going to have to let the housework go and start stitching. Any excuse to avoid housework !!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

If you make a bunny let me know!