Saturday, December 12, 2015

Warm December

Our weather has been unseasonably warm lately. It's hard to remember that it's mid December. Two mornings ago when I got up early to let the dogs out the sky was bright red. I ran  inside for my camera but by the time I got back outside it had changed and this is what I saw.
 The next morning I had the camera with me, but the sky was just a dull gray.

The red berries on the nandina are festive.
And of course the Christmas cactus is still going strong.
I reminded Rob the other day when the thermometer hit 70, that when we were house hunting in December 17 years ago, the temperature was almost 80 degrees. I think that was the last time we had such a warm December.

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

It's warm in CT too and we're enjoying it. We know that soon enough, it will get cold!
Gorgeous pictures of your sunrise!

Marjie said...

We have been really thankful that this November and December have been warm; with a normal winter, we might not have been able to save our house.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Luckily, we have been having rather mild days...a couple of very high temp days and then cooler ones. Love your sunrises. Our el cheapo camera just doesn't capture the vivid colours.

Lapdog Creations said...

It's simply way too warm... although it's nice, I fear it means we're going to have a very snowy March/April ahead of us. Beautiful sunset!