Friday, September 29, 2017

How About Some Stew? #Chewy Influencer

Being a Chewy Influencer, I've had the opportunity to try some dog foods and treats that I'd heard of from other dog parents and I've also discovered some new brands of which I was totally unaware. That's been part of the fun for me and it's the very best part as far as my dogs are concerned.

Several of the new discoveries have impressed me so much that I've either added them to our rotation or made a note of them to include them in the future. This month we were introduced to a another new to us brand, Dave's Dog Food.

Now the name Dave's Dog Food reminds me of a truly awful dirty joke I know about Joe's Bar and Grill. I won't retell that particular joke here on the family oriented blog. And strangely, shortly before I met Rob I was dating a guy named Joe who owned a bar and grill. Oh well, my point is that I'm not overwhelmed with the name Dave's Dog Food. It reminds me of a joke.

As with any unfamiliar dog food, I googled it to read all the available info. Dave's site is humorous and I'm sure he's a nice man who would be fun to have a beer with, but I'm not sure how much he knows about dog food. The one thing I did like was that he tells on his site just where each variety of dog food is made. Because the food got some good reviews on other sites, I decided to give it a try.
We tried Dave's Pet Food Stewlicious Grain Free Fisherman Stew. On the can it says " with lots of fish". You know how my pack loves fish! This food has salmon and sweet potatoes, blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes other yummy stuff, all in fish broth. What it doesn't have is corn, wheat, soy or gluten.

Well, you can certainly see that there is lots of fish.
Now for the big test. This time my four Portie girls were selected to be the taste testers.
So how is it Bailey?
Norma Jean?
Lola?
Tess?
As you can see they were much too busy eating to answer. It was a unanimous, great!! So now it's back to me, would I buy Dave's Dog Food again? I don't know. There are some really wonderful dog foods out there that give me a more confidant feeling. This may be one of the truly great ones, but I just don't have enough info, so I'm leaning toward NO. I didn't find anything really negative about this food and my dogs liked it and had no bad reactions to it. I'm trying to not let the name turn me off, but I'd just like to know more about it.

Chewy provided us with a case of Dave's Fisherman Stew at no cost to us in exchange for our honest review.

5 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

The FISH got us interested. We don't have many good fish-for-dog foods, and we only get one small tin a week as a topper, but we'd love to try that!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Dave's dog food. Who would have thought?

Ruby said...

FISHIES!!!!!!! OMD, I'll be right overs!!!!!! I don't cares who makes it...I WANTS SOME FISHIES before I turn 10!!!!! (remember, Ma's gaggin' at anythings fishies...sigh)
Anyhu, I'll be right overs with the margaritas (they go with fish, right??? oh, they go with EVERYTHINGS! BOL!) and you gets those sprinkle cupcakes for dessert!!!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Molly the Airedale said...

It sure does look yummy and the most important thing is that the Porties like it!

Marjie said...

Well, it looks like the girls love it. But if you can't get past the name, there are plenty of other great foods out there.