Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Christmas For The Kids

It was a pretty low key Christmas this year, but we did make an effort. Before the holidays I tackled this trio. They were fun to knit and I fell in love with them as they took form. They're all big solid guys, a rabbit, a bear and a deer. I think next year I may make them again in shades of gray, dressed in blue and white.
While I was knitting, Rob was busy in the garage building dog houses for Sydney and Mackey. Syd lives in the garage and likes to cuddle in a nest of blankets to sleep, but also likes to watch out the window for the next squirrel invasion. This is a double decker house that fills all her needs. Rob even made it white with black spots, just like her.
 When he showed it to her, she jumped on top to look out the window.
She seems pretty happy with her new house.
Then Rob decided that Mackey should have a house, too, even though she sleeps in the bedroom. Hers is a smaller model.
 Here she is checking it out.
She wants to be sure that her blankets are all there.
Of course, all the others had to look it over, too.
It passed inspection.

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your knitted trio is just adorable! It looks like Sydney and Mackey both love their new houses. Mr Rob is very handy!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Glad they like the new accommodation!

Ruby said...

Ooooooo! those dolls are adorables! Yes, I thinks some in all kinds of colors would be cool.
Oh, Mr. Rob sure has been busy!!!! I thinks I would like a Queen sized house! heheheee
Butts, Sydney and Mackey's are so FABulous! I am all kinds of jealous!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥
pees: I would like mine to have a margarita bar....

Matilda the Boxer said...

Wow, Syd looks so proud of her house!