Monday, February 5, 2018

CRASH

We all think about it now and then... getting that call you don't want to get. Remember a few years back when cars were rolling over because of faulty tires? One Sunday afternoon during that period I answered the phone to hear a paramedic tell me that our suv had rolled over and Rob was badly injured. He gave me the information on what hospital he was being taken to and that began a day of horror. Rob had some serious injuries, but he was alive and he recovered.

This week Rob is in St Louis for business. St Louis is about a three and a half hour drive from here. He was going to leave on Sunday afternoon so he could get a good night's sleep before his early Monday meeting. Because it was super bowl Sunday and a lot of people on the road may have been drinking, I convinced him to leave early. He left about noon.

About 2 the call came, but this time it was Rob calling. There was a multi vehicle accident on the highway and he was in the middle of it. I stayed on the line as he described the semi trucks scattered all over the highway around him. He was able to maneuver around the worst of it and neither he nor the car received a scratch. Many were not so fortunate. There was one fatality, eleven injured and two were airlifted to hospitals.
Leaving early didn't work out so well yesterday. It took him twelve hours to get to his hotel. We talked every hour or so as the police and fire department worked to clear the mess. I found some photos online to show the area. He described this truck to me. Somehow it landed on top of a semi.
I hope none of you ever receive one of those calls. I've had more than my share. I spoke with Rob this morning and he's tired, but safe.

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Thank doG Mr Rob is okay! This is so beyond scary! Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of all of those involved.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We heard and saw the news about all those accidents in that area yesterday. Not surprising after the whirlwind of a storm that blew through here in the morning. We are sorry Rob had such a long day but so very thankful he is OK.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Matilda the Boxer said...

Oh my goodness, how skeery!! We can't believe some of those pictures. We're very glad that Rob is okay.

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Oh wow - all those vehicles that were involved look terrible - what awful accidents and so many. Your hubby was so lucky not to be involved directly and that he was not hurt. I'm so glad for you that you heard him on the other end of the phone and not the police again - enuf is enuf.
Mom Kim

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

What a mess...and a lucky escape. We can imagine your worry when he goes out on the road. It was good of him to ring you, so you wouldn't worry if you saw the incident on the news. Sounds like a lot of people got 'that' call, that day.

Ruby said...

HOLY CRAP! I saw this on the news! I am SO GLAD he is okays!!!!! How scary that must have been for both of you! I will keeps those gone and injured in my thoughts and send lots of AireZens to you and Rob! I thinks some sprinkle cupcakes when he gets home is in order! ☺
kisses,
Ruby ♥