Thursday, March 21, 2019

Get Happy

Wake up Blogville,
It's finally here, can't you tell? Spring started yesterday afternoon and we're excited. It officially started at 4:58 yesterday and we were all concentrating on dinner, so we didn't pay much attention. Besides it was kind of drizzly yesterday.

But today is sunny and a little warmer and we really took notice of some of the special offerings of Spring.
I observed with my superior senses that there was something living in the rock pile. I sniffed and scratched but the critters wouldn't come out to play.
Then Sydney came over to see what I was doing. Syd doesn't have a lot of patience, so she shoved a couple rocks out of place and dove in. There were two lizards behind the rock and she grabbed them both and ran. She started tossing them around and jumping on them. I ran over to join in, after all I did find them, but Syd doesn't believe in sharing so she growled at me.  She played with the lizards till they stopped moving, then she rolled on them. Finally she walked away and left the lizards on their backs in the dirt.
I saw my chance and ran toward the lizards but Mom got to them first and scooped them into the poop scoop. She says that dogs that roll on lizards can't sit on her lap.

It doesn't seem fair but Spring is just starting and I'm sure I'll find a lizard of my very own soon and I'll roll when Mom isn't looking. Don't you love Spring?
Keep wagging, Mackey Doodle

5 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mackie, we are so impressed with Syd's hunting skills. We have tried and tried to snag a lizard out on our walks, and we always FAIL.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Molly the Airedale said...

Lizards sound like fun toys! We don't have them here but I was rolling around on the grass on the first day of Spring and it felt soooooooo good!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

What fun. We only have little skinks that skitter over our bricks quickly....too quickly for us to catch. Rolling in stuff is always fun...until the bath.

Marjie said...

Thatcher wanted to eat the first robin of spring. Ryan wouldn't let him. Then he chased around a lot of squirrels. Isn't spring grand?

kathy b said...

Oh Im sure the lizards will be hiding from the pups!!!