Thursday, June 13, 2019

Life Goes On

We're still here. We just needed some time to grieve. Norma Jean is doing pretty well.
  Lola is clingy. She wants to have Rob or me petting her most of the time.
 Tess had an upset tummy for about a week. I know they're confused and wondering where the boys went. Sebastian, Noah and Tess were good friends who would play tag in the back yard.
About a week ago the girls started sleeping together at night. They haven't done that since they were puppies. My heart hurts for them.

It's been raining here almost every day and Rob has been trying to keep up with the rapidly growing grass. It grows faster than he can mow it down. Other things have been growing that are easier to live with, like the wild roses on the fence.




We have a demanding family of hummingbirds that empty the feeder almost daily. They buzz us and yell at us when we get near the feeder. Silly birds, who do they think fills the feeder for them?
Last night I saw this and immediately thought of my boys on the other side.

We're trying to get used to our new normal and I want to get back into blogging to keep my mind busy. I've been knitting to keep my hands busy and soon I'll show off some of my creations.

6 comments:

Marjie said...

It must be hard for the girls without their brothers. I'm glad you're knitting and keeping busy; that must help.

I don't think we've had quite as much rain as you, but I had to rent an industrial sized zero turn mower for Patrick to get through our first mowing, because the grass was so high, and there were spots in the lawn that were so wet he buried it. Picture me sitting on the zero turn trying to steer it out while Ryan and Patrick were up to their ankles in mud, cursing as they pushed. And Thatcher thought it was a great game. Yeah, that's been our spring. He did finally get through it (mostly) yesterday, and guess what happened again today, before he could use the hand mower to trim the spots close to trees. Ah, the weather. It's always something.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

It does take some adjustment. No wonder the girls are confused. Just keep busy.

Molly the Airedale said...

We think of you so often and hope that you're doing well. The scent of the wild roses on our morning walks is just wonderful!

Gayle said...

Sending prayers for all. Walk slowly and with constant gratitude for your boys. Tough times demand loving hearts

Matilda the Boxer said...

It's hard to figure out what's going on sometimes. The Rainbow Bridge can be hard to understand, but I know they'll settle down soon.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "We're sorry to read that you lost so many of your pack so close together."
Chaplin: "It is super hard losing just one."
Charlee: "Chaplin and I send lots of purrs your way, and Lulu sends tail wags, right Lulu?"
Lulu: "Of course!"