Friday, November 29, 2019

What Does Obsession Look Like ?

When my boys died in the Spring, I became depressed. My girls are all pretty independent but my boys were my babies. They followed me everywhere and climbed on my lap and I miss them terribly. I knew I had to stay busy or I'd lose it so I picked up my knitting needles and a ball of yarn and got busy. It turned into an obsession. As soon as I finished one thing I started another. Want proof?
Those are only some of the items I made. I also made this couple who went to live with a friend.
I made a whole kennel of mini dogs.
My most recent pieces are these two, Oisin the Reindeer and his little girlfriend. I finished her last night.
This one is my favorite. I call him Boy. I started him the same week that Sebastian and Noah died. I incorporated their colors into him. His sad little face makes me cry but I adore him.
Now I'm ready to start another creature. I'm not sure yet what it will be, but I'm picturing a frog fairy.

8 comments:

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

If it is an obsession it is a very productive and pretty.

Molly the Airedale said...

You have been VERY busy and they are all so cute!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

What a brilliant way to keep busy and chew over all the 'happy' memories. Boy is our favourite, too. And is that a scottie we spy in the front of the dogs? All are so cute. Can't wait for the Frog Fairy.

Susan said...

Wow, they are all so cute! Good for you on staying busy. I hope it continues to help. Hugs!

Marjie said...

Whatever gets you through the days is good. Your menagerie is cute, and if they make you happier, that is helpful. Just know that we are thinking of you.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Sue, I love your obsession (is that a Scottie among that kennel collection?). I don't have the talent to do anything like that, and so I admire you for finding a way to keep yourself busy, and finding ways to make the day of your friends by sharing your cute collection! Knit on my friend! :-)

Matilda the Boxer said...

Those are all so pawesome! Momma loves frogs and can't wait to see your frog fairy.

Ruby said...

OMD, those are so PAWSOME!!!!! If Ma tried that, hers would look like some kind of Picasso anipal! BOL!!! I thinks you should open an Etsy shop! They are reallllllly good! If you wants me to model for one, you just lets me know! BOL!!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥