Monday, August 16, 2010

Sky Gets A Surprise

In August of 2008 Lucy died. She was a 12 pound Chihuahua/Pomeranian and slept in little cloth basket type bed.


After Lucy was gone, we invited Sky to sleep in the bedroom and he tried to stuff himself into Lucy's little bed. It didn't work very well and we decided to get Sky his own bed.

We bought him a similar style bed that was twice the size of Lucy's. He curled up in it and slept there for quite a while.

But Sky was a growing boy and pretty soon even his new bed was too small. Still he would get in it every night even though his head and legs hung over the sides.

Today the man in the big brown truck brought a box to the door.


What could it be?

A couple weeks ago Anny had a contest on her blog. The prize was a gift certificate. All we had to do was look at the items offered by the store and tell what we would choose to get with the gift certificate.

I noticed that the store had a big selection of dog beds and I said I'd get Sky a bed that fit. Guess what? We won!!!


The store had over 400 different beds so it took Rob and me several days to narrow the choices, but we found one that looked nice and big and it had an attached pillow.


When I took it out of the box I told them it was for Sky and strangely Sky walked over and laid down on it. I fully expected Fudge to try it out first. Right now I'm in the office typing and all the dogs except Sky are stretched out around me. Sky is upstairs sleeping on his new bed.

He likes his pillow, too. Sky and I both say a big thank you to Anny and Piper and Dommy for helping Big Sky get a good night's sleep on a bed that fits.

Before I forget, this is Baby Bobbi Bear. He took two evenings to complete. The instructions are easy to follow. For those of you who don't like sewing seams, there are none. He's made all in one piece except for his ears and they are easy to attach because they follow decrease lines. He makes a cute, soft and easy baby gift. He can also be made in almost any type yard, sport, DK or worsted. I made him in worsted and he's about 14" tall.

14 comments:

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

What a Beautiful New Bed! We Love the bear that you made.
Your Friends
Geisha,Grover,Lily,Wrinkles,Bailey

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Oh, that is so nice for Skye! I'm a big fan of the dog bed, myself. I like to visit my humans in their beds but when it comes to serious sleeping I like my own space. We need a new one for Franklin. He's using my old one, which is big enough but not in great shape. Anyhoo, I'm so glad that Skye is enjoying the new bed so muchs.

lotsa licks, Lola

Zona said...

I'm with Lola. I'll sleep in my two-leggers bed every now and then for a short while but I like to stretch out in my own bed. Have you seen how long these legs are?? I bet Sky is loving his new pillow top!

Wags,
Zona

PeeS: I especially liked the pics of Sky outgrowing his beds. Hehe..

Maggie Mae and Max said...

What a nice bed you gots for Sky. I am very happy for hims. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That is a beautiful new bed!!! The bear is gorgeous too!!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Two French Bulldogs said...

Now that is a nice bed you got there. We love the little bear. Very cool!
Benny & Lily

booahboo said...

Awww.. that's a beautiful bed for Sky.. we are glad he loves it :) Every dog sure need their own space and bed.

The pink bear is so cute... but our hooman here just don't have the skills and patience to do any knitting.. she got 2 left hands and 2 left legs..

woofs & licks,
Piper & Dommy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats on the win! And Sky looks very content there. The bear is adorable. Such talent - very nice job.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

SissySees said...

That's so sweet! Fred had a bed with his name on the cover, and he KNEW it was his from the jump too.

Love the PANK bear. I know someone here who would steal the little bear just because it is PANK. Everything PANK is hers, or so she seems to be thinking these days...

Sam said...

How sweet that Sky gets a bed of his own. Sweet dreams!

The bear came out wonderfully, too. I admire your talent.

gMarie said...

Love Sky's new big boy bed. It's like he just graduated from the crib, isn't it? to me it looks like a sleeping bag and I love it! g

ps - the bear is stinkin' adorable.

Lapdog Creations said...

Awww... cute pics and what a great new bed!

Molly the Airedale said...

We sleep on beds with an attached pillow too! You are going to LOVE your new bed, Sky!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dianne said...

What a nice surprise for Sweet Sky!