Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Keeping Busy

I still feel a little like this, but the ideas are starting to come back into my head and translate onto the blog.

I'd been busy knitting sweaters and toys when suddenly last month the tendonitis in my right hand started hurting. A lot. I was feeling the pain in the palm and radiating up my middle finger. It got so painful that I couldn't even lift my coffee mug with my right hand. I knew it was time to stop knitting and let my hand rest, but I can't seem to sit without my hands being busy, so I tried some cross stitching. Fortunately, that didn't hurt and so I've been stitching some holiday designs.

I did these little fellows just because I thought they were cute. They were also fun to stitch.

Next I wanted to do a Santa design, but there are so many cute ones to choose from, so this is what I chose.

This one reminded me of my trip to Russia.

 One of my favorite designers for Santas is 'Mosey And Me'. I've made a couple of their designs before but this was probably the most labor intensive one so far. I ike them because they're not  the pretty Santa that we're used to seeing, but they're kind of schmucky old men who look down and out, but kind.
 Last night I was going thru my patterns to find my next project and I found two more Santas by Mosey and Me, so they'll move to the top of my to do list.

I also want to test my hand with some knitting so I think Morgan might appreciate a new sweater. With  arthritis in her legs, it might help keep the old joints warm. Wish me luck.

11 comments:

bbes tribe said...

Wow! You have been busy! That is an understatement.
Look forward to seeing the sweater if you decide to make one.
Wags
Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas and Mom

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

They're all beautiful. It's great that you could find a substitute for knitting! One that you can enjoy.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra, Bella & Roxy

Two French Bulldogs said...

You are one talented lady. You look like you have been very busy
Benny & Lily

Soggibottom said...

Russia always seems to find me :-) They think differntly from me and I find it hard, although I have dear friends there. One wish especially a birthday one :-)

Tendons hurt..... BE KIND TO YOURSELF xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom can't seem to sit idle either! Your cross stitch is just beautiful! Good luck returning to knitting. Go easy!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

gMarie said...

I love those designs. And have you considered making her some legwarmers? g

SissySees said...

Wow. Impressive. Makes me want to dig out some cross stitch or needlepoint...

I hope your hand cooperates and lets you knit. If not, send me the name of the pattern, measurements, etc.

Marjie said...

Lucky Morgan, in line for a new sweater. Having your eyes fixed has certainly helped your creativity!

Chewy said...

All of them are very nice!

Chewy

Jo's World said...

You just dazzle me with every single X Stitch project I have seen. You say they are fun and to me they are a nightmare, but I love the results you get!

Does your girl need some legwarmers? That could be an easy, fun project!

I am working on felted slippers and bags!

Cheers and hugs,

Jo

soulbrush said...

oh noooo- not the dreaded tendonitis- I have had several operations for tendonitis troubles in both hands and shoulders!Please take it easy. These pieces are wonderful, I have my 'snuffles' cushion right here in front of me!