Monday, November 11, 2013

Catching Up On Events

We've been quiet for a few days but we've had lots of stuff going on, so I'll try to catch you up on some of it. First, the winners of the contest we told you about back in September. The Stirling Hill Print Company held a contest for the best pet pictures. They chose three winners to receive prints of their pets. Over the weekend I received an email announcing the winners. They didn't give me the names of the winners but have posted the winning pictures on their sire. Here they are.
Yes, that's Tsar. His picture was chosen and we're so pleased.

A lot of you have been asking me about Sydney. It's a difficult situation but this morning I met with Dr B and we discussed her problems. He had a few suggestions. First we're going to try a pheramone spray to try to calm her anxieties in a natural manner. We have to treat both Syd and Mac since they now bristle when the see each other. He also gave me a long printout on behavioral protocol for dog aggressive dogs.
The pheramone spray, if it is going to work, will start showing some change in just a few days. The training protocol takes a month or more. We also discussed some anti-anxiety medication that we can try if nothing else works. We agreed that if all that fails, Syd may just be happier as an only child. But we're not giving up on her till we've tried everything available. Wish us luck.
Morgan went to see Dr B this morning for her six month checkup. She is amazing! She has lost two pounds, probably because she runs every day now with the Portie girls. There were no new problems but one of the cysts we've been watching for about a year has grown. Though the doc is convinced that it's benign, he thinks we should remove it now as it will soon be too large to close nicely. She'll go in early next month to spend the day and be pampered. Dr B says he'll use a local and she'll need a couple stitches but will be home early in the afternoon and no more big ugly cyst.
The doctor was amused to hear that Morgan has been getting into trouble lately. Over the weekend she stole a pair of socks from the laundry basket and chewed a big hole in them. She got into the trash can and pulled out some paper towels and tore them up and she went into the bathroom, grabbed the end of the toilet paper roll and papered the kitchen and hallway. Morgan will be 14 years old later this week and wants everyone to know that she can still create a mess like a puppy.

I'm forging ahead with my Christmas stitching and doing it may get me into the mood. Today I need to wrap some gifts. Rob and I and a couple of the girls are going to celebrate Christmas on Wednesday with J and T and Gracie and Runtley. An early Christmas party may be just what I need to get into the season.

So that's what's happening around our place. We hope you're all having good days and lots of treats.

7 comments:

Marjie said...

That picture of Tsar is one of my favorites, but I have to say that the kitten is awfully cute. I'm glad Dr. B has a way to try and help Syd, and, to a lesser degree, Mac. It must be hard dealing with all of those different doggie personalities.

And Hooray for Morgan! Good to know the old girl still has plenty of puppy in her!

Molly the Airedale said...

Good for you for stirring up trouble, Morgan!
Congratulations on Tsar's win!
Our paws are crossed for you, Syd!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Two French Bulldogs said...

Good win Tsar
Lily

Ruby said...

Oh Syd, I hopes things work out! Ma tried those pheromone thingies on me, butts nothin'. then again, I'm a total hyperbutt, so there's that.
Maybe you and I are twinsies, cause Ma is convinced that I would not do well with another doggie...she says i'm WAY too bossy and would probally nip other doggies. Yeah. She knows me so well BOL
Nice Morgan!! Never let them forgets you can act like a puppy!! (I do it everyday....)
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

SissySees said...

Go Morgan! Our vet thinks it's funny that Sissy is naughty too. I do not. Tonight, it was a LARGE bag of Cheetos (yes, CORN) while the humans chatted with friends in the driveway. Evidently, we are to be punished for not allowing her to greet her subjects - er... the guests.

We have had moderate success with Gg's travel anxiety and pheromones. We're crossing paws for Syd and Mac.

Congrats on Tsar's win!

bichonpawz said...

That is an awesome picture of Tsar!! That's great that Morgan is still getting into a bit of trouble!! Sure hope the meds help with the calming down. I am struggling with getting in to the mood of the season as well...I don't know why exactly, but this year, I am really having a hard time with it. Hope your early Christmas works for you!

Lapdog Creations said...

Congrats Tsar!
Yay Morgan - you go girl!
And we sure hope the spray helps Miss Sydney... keep us posted! We're routing for her!