Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Iced Pups

 Yesterday was a cold windy day. I only let the dogs out to take care of necessary matters, then quickly brought them back into the warmth of the house. By last night they were bouncing off the walls and driving me crazy. At bedtime I told Rob that they were going out to play today no matter what the weather was like.
This morning it was sunny but still cold. After breakfast the temperature had at least gotten up to 36 so I sent the Portie girls, Noah, Sebastian and Sydney out to play. I set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes. Being a typical worried mom, I went to the window after ten minutes to check on them.

Sebastian was rolling on the cold ground. Noah and Bailey were both stretched out on the ground chewing on sticks and Tess, Lola, Norma Jean and Syd were all crammed into the wading pool trying to break up the thick ice on the bottom. I guess I didn't need to worry.

After twenty minutes that group came in and Fudge and Mac went out for twenty. After everyone was in for half an hour they all went out again. We'll do it again this afternoon, then maybe we can have a nice calm evening with tired dogs.

Please excuse any typos in this post. Mac has decided to sit on my lap as I work on the computer. She likes to look at the pictures.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you will have warmer weather coming, we are outside today with a high of 46 and warmer tomorrow, do your best for another day!

The Mad Scots
Pees; Sounds like the gang did just fine, but not Mom!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We don't have to worry about the cold....just the heat. Sounds like you've found a workable system. Love the pups in the pool trying to break up the ice...BOL!

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Molly the Airedale said...

It sounds like all of you pups had a fabulous day! We hope the same for all of you tomorrow!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

ElleC said...

Apparently the cold isn't a problem for the dogs! So funny how we get protective about them being cold and they don't even notice. When Jasper was a tiny puppy (7 ounces) he loved it outside in the snow and before we let him out, we would put towels in the dryer so we could warm him up fast. He never seemed bothered by the cold though, but he was so little. Your Porties have sufficient hair for protection don't they?

bbes tribe said...

Good they could get out for a bit. That cabin fever can be hard . Sounds like they enjoyed it :-). Good for peeps too;-)
Wags
Ernie and crew

SissySees said...

We have the rain. Sissy is not amused. She doesn't understand why there was no walk. Gg is somewhere crankier than not amused, not because we didn't walk, but because she has had to venture out to tend to business.

Taffy said...

It has certainly been cold up here too! Mom and I were wondering if it was as cold where you are. Its the wind that gets under my fur and makes me cold. I'm not like Twix was with the cold...it doesn't really bother me much. I don't know if you remember but Twix would start shivering as soon as you opened the front door....BOL!

bichonpawz said...

It has been VERY cold here too!!! The heat is on just non-stop!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

booahboo said...

Glad everyone had a good run and probably will be tired tonite. Piper loves to look at pics on the computer too. I used to work with him on my lap :)

Ruby said...

Wows!! I wanna come overs...sounds like funs!!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Two French Bulldogs said...

You are lucky you have all those furs
Lily