This morning she needed a little help getting up, but walked to the door and managed the steps by herself. She had a drink and seemed a little interested in breakfast. I offered her some beef and rice mixed with some of Noah's special diet. She only ate about two spoons full, then went to sleep.
Finally it was time to head for the vet's office. The moment of truth had come, had the fever gone down? She seemed very tired but managed to walk into the office by herself to applause from the techs. Her temp was 104. OK we had dropped a degree, not what I had hoped for, but acceptable. After some discussion we agreed that it was probably better than that. Her arthritis meds she had yesterday probably knocked it down a little yesterday and after 24 hours the antibiotics were probably wearing off a bit and the fever was starting to rise again.
We decided to continue the antibiotics for six more days, then reassess her condition. She's to be encouraged to eat anything she wants at this point, until she's feeling better. When we got home she had about half a cup of food and half a cookie. I'll be taking her temp each day around 3PM and we're hoping to see a steady decline.
I didn't get much sleep last night. I woke every hour to check on Morgan and today I'm feeling very emotional, on the edge of tears all day. We had planned to go out for a bite, but I don't want to leave her yet, so I may just go have a good cry and get it out of my system.
Meanwhile, here's Noah's incision and a shot of him in his spiffy shirt.