Just last week Rob and I asked each other what we wanted for Christmas. We both had to have some time to think about it, but neither of us had a hot water heater on our list. Too bad, that's what we're getting. Over the weekend our hot water heater died and though we tried to resuscitate it, we had to let it go. This ranks right along with the year I received a new disposal for Christmas and the year I got a new roof for my birthday. Oh well, it's all part of the joy of owning a home, another of those things the adults glossed over when we were growing up.
On the better side, we took Morgan and Fudge to visit Dr B yesterday. Last week Morgan had a little spot on her back leg. We treated it with a medicated lotion and it healed up. But, there's always a but, isn't there? But, Sunday she started chewing on her front leg. Dr B shaved all her legs and says it looks like she has some infected hair follicles that are itching and causing her to chew. She's doing even more damage to the skin by chewing, so she's on an antibiotic.
I was concerned about his coat thinning on his lower back. Dr B noticed it, too and said the texture has also changed. He took blood for a senior panel and called this morning. The lab report looked great, even the thyroid so we're going to try some melatonin for the hair loss. I hadn't heard of that, but after doing some research, it looks like about 50% of the cases see good results. We'll give it a try.
Samba and I both tried melatonin for sleep disorders a few years ago and it didn't work for wither of us. It actually kept me awake and I didn't see any change in Samba. Maybe it'll work better for this condition.