Thursday, March 2, 2017

Fixing A Leak

Hi Everybody,
Thanks to very one who sent Power of the Paw to me when my back was hurt. It feels really good now and last Friday I visited Dr B for a little checkup. He said we could cut back on my meds and that I could do steps by myself and go in the yard with the other dogs. He stole some of my blood and sent it to the lab to see what was going on inside me.
The report came back Monday and Mom went to meet with the doc to go over it. They were both really, really happy because it was perfect. My insides are working just like they're supposed to and Dr B said it looked like a report of a young dog, not a twelve year old.

Mom and Dr B had to discuss two little problems. One is my weight. Even though I'm feeling good and I do believe I look more handsome than ever, he says that I'm fat. The nerve!! He says I need to lose 10 pounds and told Mom to keep a diary of every single morsel that I eat. How humiliating! She started doing it and told Dad that I can't have any bites of his food and he's to give me only Zukes for teats, not biscuits. Zukes only have one calorie, so that's all I get while the others are munching away on their biscuits. She also cut back on my kibble and added extra green beans. To make me feel better about dieting, Mackey is dieting with me. The peeps decided that she needed to lose a few pounds, too.
My other problem is kind of personal, but I'll share with you. I leak a little when I sleep. Dr B says it's probably age related though it could be a hormonal problem since I was neutered last year. Since all my blood work and my urine test came back perfect, I started taking a pill that should help. He says we'll know in about a week if it's working. If not, he really doesn't want to give me hormones, so he and Mom talked about making me a special shirt to wear that can absorb the pee and keep me dry and happy.
All in all it was good news and Mom has promised to walk me in the park to help lose those extra pounds. I need to get rid of them before October when we have our next birthday party. I don't want to miss out on the cupcakes with sprinkles.
 Your pal, Fudge 

Late Edit:  We have wonderful news. The medication worked and Fudge has been dry for two days now. He's feeling good and except for the diet thing, we're all happy about his health.

5 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Glad the report was good, and you're feeling better. We think walks in the park are a much better idea than REDUCING food!

Molly the Airedale said...

You are such a handsome boy, Fudge and we are so happy to hear that you got a perfect report! Walkies are always a good thing, right☺

Matilda the Boxer said...

We're so glad you're feeling better and your bloodwork came back pawsome! You'll lose that weight in no time and have LOTS of room for cupcakes!

Ruby said...

WooooooHooooooo!!!! OMD, that is FABulous news Fudge!!!!! (I read your postie a the other day, butts Ma gots busy, and I guess forgots to comment....dang, I need a new asst.!!!) Anyhu, I wanted to lets you know that I am on a diet too! I don't likes it AT ALL!! I am forever hungry and Ma is STARVING ME!!!! *no I'm not Ruby* YES YOU ARE!!!! *no, I am not starving you, and besides you could live for months on your extra weight alone!* DO YOU SEE what I have to hear??!!! I'm thinkin' I should call the ASPCA or somethings! sigh....
Anyhu, Fudge, I hopes you gets your sprinkled cupcakes!!!!! OMD, I will drive the margarita truck overs! You just lets me know when your peeps are serving them, and I AM THERE!
(oh, and if you can snag some extra biscuits from your sibs, send some to me, k?)
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

gMarie said...

Yea Fudge! That's great news on the health report and I'm glad that you've stopped leaking. I think Beau is going to have to start wearing something to bed and have already advised the pups not to laugh at him, not sure it will work. g