Monday, July 16, 2018

Sydney On Strike #Chewy Influencer

When the little hound girls were puppies, Mackey was a poor eater. She was easily distracted and needed to be reminded to eat. Sydney was a great eater and would gobble her kibble and volunteer to help Mac with hers. One of us had to hold Syd while the other encouraged Mac to finish.
Something changed. Now Mac eats everything in sight and I have to watch that she doesn't steal food from the big dogs. Syd doesn't care about food at all. It's much easier to work with dogs that have at least a moderate interest in food and treats. Syd will work for attention and petting but don't bother with treats.

A couple months ago we reviewed a canned food that was filet mignon flavored.  I was only moderately impressed with it but Sydney loved it.  If I put just a spoonful of the wet food on her kibble, she cleaned her bowl.

 Then we ran out and Syd stopped eating. I tried adding homemade food but she sniffed it, then walked away. I tried pasta, but no thanks. Nothing appealed to Syd. She ate about once every couple of days and even then she protested loudly. I told her that if anyone in the house is getting filet mignon daily, it's going to be one of the peeps.

Last week we received some Victor Grain-Free Turkey & Sweet Potato Stew Canned Dog Food from Chewy. When I opened the first can I wondered if Syd would be interested. I filled her bowl with kibble, then mixed in a spoonful of the wet food.
Sydney has finished every meal in record time since she's had a little of the turkey stew. She says her strike is behind her and that this food is great.
Victor Turkey and Sweet Potato Stew gets a 5 star rating from the dog food advisor. It's made with turkey broth, turkey,chicken liver and sweet potatoes plus lots of vitamins and minerals. Sydney says this is great food and she's sure you'll agree.
Chewy sent us a case of Victor  at no cost to us in exchange for our honest opinion.

5 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Some pups just have finicky tastes. We are glad you found something to appeal to Sydney's taste buds. We have had some Victor's canned food before and enjoyed it too.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Ruby said...

Oh, I was like that when I was a wee lass! Ma had to hand feed me my kibbles, cause I would just bark at it. Nows, I am a total food hound! I am glads that you found a good kibble topper....that isn't expensive steaks! BOL! Every pup loves a full tummy!
FABulous review Syd!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Molly the Airedale said...

Yay for your mom finding a food for you that you love, Sydney! I NEED to give this a try! Great review!

Marjie said...

Thatcher became immensely fussy while moving back from Arizona with Patrick. Nowadays, we are certain to keep just a couple of tablespoons of human food to go with his dinner, and he's always certain he got the same thing we did. Funny how opinionated dogs can be!

How Sam Sees It said...

Ours are incredibly fussy too! I may have to give this a shot.

Monty, Harlow, and Ramble