Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tylee's #Chewy Influencer

Have you tried Tylee's? I really like this stuff. We first tried it when Sebastian was dealing with acute IBS. We tested him for pancreatitis but it was negative so we decided to treat him as for IBS.
At first he couldn't keep any food down. After fasting for 48 hours we started him on rice mixed with mashed sweet potato. We served it one tablespoon every two to three hours. We did this for two weeks.
When he was able to go two days without vomiting, we gradually increased the amount. After a few days we added a couple small bite sized pieces of baked pork chop.

For three months he ate rice, sweet potato and pork chop in several small meals a day. Then it was time to try and transition him to a more normal diet but I didn't want to go too fast and have to start over.

It was at that time that Chewy offered us a new food called Tylee's. It came in a pork variety so it seemed like a good option for Sebastian.
Tylee's is human grade frozen dog food and needs to be kept frozen. It arrives in a styrofoam box packed in dry ice. On arrival it must be kept in the freezer. Chewy includes a convenient plastic measuring cup. For serving, just scoop out the amount you need and let it defrost in the refrigerator. If you forget to take it out in time, you can microwave it for quick serving.
When I used it for Sebastian, I would defrost what I needed for the next day and leave it in the fridge overnight. Then I started mixing it with his rice and sweet potato mixture. It contained pork, beef liver, broccoli, kale, carrots, butternut squash, pineapple, chia seeds, sunflower oil, flaxseed, cod liver oil, parsley and cinnamon.

My first impression was how good it smelled. Next how good it looked, like real food that I would eat. Next how much Sebastian liked it and finally, how well he did on it. He kept it down, and thrived. Eventually I was able to start mixing in a few pieces of kibble and finally he was back to eating normally, kibble with a topper just as the others were.

I like to keep a bag of Tylee's in the freezer and rotate it into my toppers. This month Chewy offered Tylee's as a review choice and I was pleased to see a fish variety, Tylee's Human Grade Salmon Recipe Frozen Dog Food. I like giving my dogs fish frequently so this was a perfect choice.
This recipe includes deboned salmon, peas, pineapple, spinach, sweet potatoes, chia seeds and flaxseed. This variety doesn't smell as good as the pork, but the dogs seem to think it's great.  I scooped out enough for two days worth of toppings and kept it refrigerated until we used it.
We all agree that we like Tylee's, but for different reasons. I like the quality and convenience, the dogs because it tastes so good and Sebastian because it helped him get well.
Chewy sent us this bag of Tylee's Salmon Recipe at no cost to us in exchange for our honest review. Try this for your dogs. I think you'll be pleased. It's also available in beef, chicken and turkey recipes.

2 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That Tylee's sounds like something Mom should keep on hand for us - we love all things fish. Mom likes the healthy aspects of it.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Molly the Airedale said...

That looks so yummy and what a win-win for you, Sebastian!