Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Crafty Weekend

First Noah and Norma Jean want to show off their red, white and blue bandanas. They don't know that the 4th was yesterday. Every day is a holiday to them.
                                  Noah

                                    Norma Jean

Can you tell that they're brother and sister?

Now as to how I spent my weekend. It was too hot to do much outside and I didn't feel like cooking and cleaning inside. Instead I took a hint from Morgan.
She was playing with sticks so I did, too. I pulled out my knitting needles and got busy. I actually completed a couple of items, so I'll share with you.
This little sweater was actually finished a couple months ago, but I never got around to posting it. I love this pattern, it's so much fun to knit and I'll probably make several more. This will go to charity.

 Some of you may remember Sally, the hound dog that I knit a while ago. I thought she might need a companion so this weekend I made Cat.
 Cat is from the same designer as Sally. Jean Woods is a wonderful toy designer and I hope to make several more of her designs. Cat didn't feel like dressing because of the heat, but she does sport a hat.


Rob offered some of his "helpful" suggestions while I was knitting Cat and so I made him his very own monster. This is Silas Cyclops.
 One of Rob's suggestions was that I use this large googly eye on Cat. That wasn't quite what I had in mind, so instead he now has his own monster to love. The pin Silas is wearing says "I am loved" in Bengali.

Two completed items in one weekend is pretty good for me. I'm thinking of starting a pirate next. Stay tuned.

16 comments:

Stella said...

Very cute stuff! Does Rob's have a squeaker? Stella says they are no good without a squeaker!

Cheers,
Jo and Stella

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Love that Cyclops:) We think Stella has a great suggestion.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Can you knit a new Monkey......just in case.

XXXOOO Daisy, kendra & Bella

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Wow!! What a productive weekend - looking forward to seeing that pirate.

Asta said...

You awe sooo clevew..I don't do anything wif stickies xept chew them, hehehe
I love the doggie and cat and the sweatew so much and I think the kids look wondewful in theiw patwiotic bananas
smoochie kisses
ASTA

SissySees said...

Very cute - all of it!! I love seeing what others knit. That monster is very cute. Is he bi-lingual?

Rubie and Poots (her Mum) said...

My mum says it takes a special person to be able to knit that bootiful. Her aunts used to crowshay....but as they get older, they can't use their hands in the same way.

Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

rottrover said...

You WERE productive! I did laundry and read!! WOO HOO!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

very cute stuffies
Benny & Lily

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom put her knitting needs away awhile back. Hopefully your cute stuffies and beautiful sweater will inspire her to take them back out again!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Sheltie Times said...

Patriotic bandanas are good summer themes. I can see why they don't want to take them off.

Your projects are adorable.

Lapdog Creations said...

What great finished projects... cute sweater and even cuter furry knits!

Tracy said...

Oh goodness, I am so impressed with all that you are able to make...I am so serious! Gosh...love the little baby sweater and the cat; just adorable!

Marjie said...

Someone will think their ship has come in when they get that adorable sweater set! (I wish I could knit, because I'd make one for Jeff's friend Bill's baby, due in August. Instead, I'll just crochet a blanket for Jeff to give them.) The toys are cute, too. Nice that Rob has his own monster now. Maybe Silas can play with Bailey and Monkey?

bichonpawz said...

What beautiful things you make! The sweater set is adorable...as are all the cute little toys!

gMarie said...

What lovely crafty. I have some toys to knit up. Sounds like you had a great weekend and that Morgan and Beau have the same opinion of fireworks. g