Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Initiation

Hi everybody, Bailey here.
You all know me as that sweet little girl with the monkey friend. Well, Mom has another name for me. She calls me her problem child. Can you believe that? She says I'm the smartest one in the pack, but I don't use my brain except to get into trouble. Well, let me tell you what happened last night and you decide.
We have this new pack member named Sebastian. He seems like a decent guy, a little shy, but not a bad sort. I've been watching him for a few days and I've noticed something important about him. He's taller than us Porties. He has longer legs.
Now let me give you some background on last night. Mom and Dad keep our cookies in a big open plastic box on top of a bookshelf in the garage. Then when we come in from outside we each get one as a reward, or if they need to bribe us onto the grooming table or into soaking our feet or something we don't want to do, the cookies are right there. We can't help ourselves because we're too short to reach the box.
I was discussing this with Norma Jean a couple days ago and I mentioned that Sebastian has pretty long legs. He might be able to reach the cookie box. We knew we'd have to wait till the right time to try so here's what we did.
We told Tess to stay outside last night at last call and not to come when Mom called us in. She didn't want to because Tess is a nervous girl and never wants to get in trouble, but we told her Mom wouldn't get mad at her.
At last call Mom called us in and everybody came in except Tess. Mom called and called, but no Tess. So, Mom left us all in the garage, shut the door and took the flashlight outside to find Tess. As soon as she closed the door I told Sebastian that it would be a big help to Mom if he got the cookies for us.
He didn't want to get in trouble, but Norma Jean and I said it would make Mom really happy because it would save her a lot of time. Guess what, he fell for it! I mean he agreed to try and stood up and reached the box. He knocked the box onto the floor and there were cookies everywhere. We all started gobbling cookies as fast as we could, but Sebastian got worried. He thought he might be in trouble so he went over to the corner and sat there with his head down. I would have told him to grab some cookies, but I was too busy eating.
Mom heard the crash when the box hit the floor and she came in with Tess and started yelling, "No, no, bad!" But it was too late, we had all eaten lots of cookies. Sebastian was really nervous and started licking Mom's hand. She gently told him he was a bad dog, then put us girls in our crates for the night. When they all went upstairs she told Dad what happened. He laughed, but he came downstairs and moved the cookie box behind the gate where not even Sebastian can reach it.


That Sebastian is OK. I think he may be an asset to the pack.
So, don't you think I'm pretty smart and using my brain for the good of the pack?
Your pal, Bailey

15 comments:

bbes tribe said...

WOW! We knew you all were smart but you really did it up this time. Poor Sebastian... But he did a good job of being a "team/pack member. Really glad he is staying with all of you :-)
Happy Wags
Ernie

Marjie said...

I think Mom's worried that the pack might end up with a bunch of tummy aches. Sebastian was smart to stay in the corner and not help himself to cookies. It is amazing that you were able to rope him into helping you, Bailey!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Bailey - we think you have found yourselves a real keeper:)

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

SissySees said...

Hahaha... The pack that "counter cruises" together is an awesome pack. My boy-dogs were masterminds at leveraging their skills for a no-no "reward".

Gretchen never does wrong... except when she's following Sissy's lead. Bailey, I think you and Sis would be TROUBLE together!

Molly the Airedale said...

You and Sebastian are an awesome team, Bailey! No doubt about it - you are one smart girl!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

rottrover said...

It's all about team work!! That long legged boy is a keeper for sure!!
-Bart and Ruby

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Well done, Bailey! Sebastian is going to come in very handy.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Anonymous said...

Nothing better then good old fashion sneakie and team work, it's the only way we get things done here.

Susie & Bites

The Daily Pip said...

I've been trying to train my feline sister Rosie to knock my dog treats off the counter for years, but she just ignores me. Maybe Sebastian would like to come over and help a short doggie out???

Your pal, Pip

Jo's World said...

Your your first "Lets get the New Guy in Trouble" worked to your advantage one time. I bet Sebastian doesn't fall for that Mom won't care stuff any more!

Cheers,

Stella and Zkhat

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Sounds like Sebastian passed his initiation test and is now a full member of the pack. Bet he's really going to enjoy the personal attention and activity when he starts rally events. He sounds like a smart pup, too.

Jed & Abby

Shyra @ cheap storage said...

That was really funny! Poor Sebastian, although he is indeed an asset to the pack. You are the smart one Bailey but you should stop doing that to your Mom. :)

Lapdog Creations said...

HA - well we see Mr Sebastian has fit right in now, hasn't he? Shame on you girls for getting him in trouble though!

kathy b said...

hee hee hee. When one changes the dance, everyone missteps!!

gMarie said...

Oh my goodness! I'm chuckling right along - Bailey might have been using her brain for good, but I have to agree with mom - that she only uses it to get in trouble. And poor Sebastian, all that work and no reward. :) g