Sunday, July 23, 2017

This Is Just A Test # Chewy Influencer

Don't you hate when those tests come on television and the high pitched scream almost breaks your eardrums? "This is only a test."  So why do you have to make it so loud? Anyway, that has absolutely nothing to do with this post. Today we decided to try our second Chewy selection for this month.

This month we're really being adventurous. Our first review was vegan and now we're trying Nutro Kitchen Classics Premium Loaf Variety Pack. This contains two different flavors. Half the variety pack is Slow Cooked Chicken, Brown Rice and Oatmeal Dinner. We had that one a couple days ago and it was very well received. I can recommend this food.
Tonight we had Grass Fed Lamb and Brown Rice Dinner. I don't feed lamb to my dogs. This is the first time ever and when the other two cans are gone, they will most probably never have it again. It's just a personal thing, Rob and I don't eat lamb and none of our animals do either. I thought long and hard before choosing this.

That said, the food looked good, as good as any pate style dog food does. It didn't smell bad and it mixed easily into their kibble.
 As you can see, my girls thought t was an excellent choice.
 Nutro Kitchen Classics come in other flavors, rustic chicken and veggies; turkey, rice and veggies; and steamed fish and sweet potato, so if you'd like to try it and have an aversion to one of the ingredients, there are other choices available. As far as I can tell the variety pack comes only in chicken and lamb.

Now for the good part, there are no artificial colors, flavors or preservative. The food is made in the USA and the meat is the first ingredient. I have no problem with the chicken food and my vet has often mentioned feeding lamb to my boys because of their stomach problems. This is purely a personal thing.

Chewy sent us a variety pack at no charge in exchange for our honest review. I would buy the kitchen classics again in another flavor. We're still a no lamb family.

4 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Good review. We'd probably like all of them, but the fish especially.

Molly the Airedale said...

It looks very yummy! Mom doesn't have an issue with lamb and I eat it all the time. Great review, Miss Sue!

Marjie said...

Bebop has been having tummy issues, and he can only eat lamb based food. Cass gets hers at Agway when she's here. I'm sure she and Jeff will both be interested in this review. (And I rush to hit the mute button when those tests come on; I'm sure it really upsets the Portie Pack.)

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Izn't this just sum of the best stuff u'all haz eaten? We Beaglebratz ladiez loved it. Our mom uzez it like your mom duz - mixez it with our kibble - YUM!
Lady Shasta'n Miss Maizie