Saturday, June 27, 2009

Being Lazy

It's still very hot here, high nineties and hitting one hundred occasionally.

This was our sky this morning at sunrise. It was in the mid eighties even then.


The dogs run to the door full of hope that the air will be cooler and we can play outside.


Once outside they are too hot to play.


I start getting these looks.


This looks says, " Why don't you fix it so we can play?"


"Can't you do something about this?"


"It's too hot to even play ball."


So we leave the yard to soak up the heat and go back inside.


The rock garden is still managing to stay green.


It looks hot, doesn't it.


Not a dog in sight. They're all napping in the air conditioning. Last night Fudge started a ball game in the living room throwing the ball around and everyone racing to get it. There was a minor casualty and I had to put a stop to the game. The only injury was an overturned lamp.


It's never too hot to spend time with a best friend.

7 comments:

LizzieJane said...

Those poor little angels, I wish I could send them and you some of our wonderful weather. I hope you get a break soon.
x

Dianne said...

Smart dogs, hanging around in the air conditioning. We just got some hot weather, too, and my babes are only outside long enough to "take care of business" then it's right back inside!

Thor and Jack said...

Hi! I wish I could send you some weather cooler. This is the start of winter here and the weather is very nice.

xoxo,
Thor

dogyarnfun said...

The hammock looks inviting. Your yard is so green and shady. Ginger and I are envious.

Sam said...

You need a lazy day every once in a while, for sure.

Sure does look hot there. Was hot here today, too, but thankfully not humid.

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom sends us out to dad's huge workshop when we need to run indoors! It's tough to have fun if you have to be careful not to plow anything over in the house!
We hope your temps break for you soon!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

SissySees said...

The girls have had me up early today, to enjoy the cool morning. I sure hope your weather breaks soon!