Thursday, March 15, 2012

We Are Family

I've been in homes where family photos are standing on a table or mantle and portraits are hung on the wall. I've admired the children's school pictures or sports shots. It's nice to be surrounded by family. Rob and I don't have children, but we have fur kids and we have photos on tables and portraits on walls. Want to see?

At Christmas we received a portrait of Gracie.
Here's one of Bentley. We had a sofa just this color and his spot was on the end, just as in this painting.
I have to admit that I'm an Ebay junkie. I can spend hours looking at things for sale on the site and I feel an adrenalin surge when I'm in a bidding war. But I've also found some wonderful artists on Ebay and worked with them to get some neat paintings of my kids. Here's Morgan.
This is Bailey as a pup.
And this artist, Yvonne Carter, has done several for me. First one that resembles Fudge.
She's done two of Samba, one large piece and one tiny one. I also have a painting of Morgan by Yvonne.
I love this painting. I think it catches Samba's naughty spirit.
I found this at a street fair and at first glance it reminded me of Monty. It says " Once in a lifetime, a friend come along, Who is a once in a lifetime friend". That was Monty, there'll never be another just like him.
On Etsy I found a sweet little pin that reminded me of Morgan. Check out her shop here. She has lots of dog breeds and I highly recommend her work.
The day that Tsar was diagnosed, a few weeks ago, I received an email from Cafe Press where I often buy sweatshirts and gifts. They were offering to take a photo and make a wrapped canvas from it. I sent one of Tsar. The communications were wonderful. They had trouble with the first photo I sent and instead of just doing  a shoddy job, they explained the problem and gave me the opportunity to send another photo. I did and we were so pleased with the result. This is a large 16x20 canvas of Tsar that we'll hang in a special spot.
I plan to do more of these with the other dogs. Check them out, it's easy and they turn out beautifully. They also offer lots of sizes.

So you can see I have lots of family photos and paintings around the house.

16 comments:

SissySees said...

My new favorite post. Thanks for sharing your resources with the rest of us!

Molly the Airedale said...

What gorgeous portraits! Your house looks just like ours with doggie paintings everywhere!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

Emma Rose said...

They are all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.

Kisses,
Emma Rose

Jo's World said...

They are all just great! And of course, my BFF Tsar looks just splendid. Such a handsome guy!

Kisses,
Stella

rottrover said...

Love that portrait of the Tsar!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wow, you have quite the beautiful family collection there - they are all gorgeous! The new one of Tsar is so very special - it brought tears to Mom's eyes. Your portraits will be treasured for years to come.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Wyatt said...

We must have the same decorator..haha!
Love your family pictures.

Wyatt and Stanzie

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Whether its pups or kids, we love the family photos all the same. Our kids all have photos of the pets in their bedrooms. We love all your photos. Thanks for sharing. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Have never thought about doing one, as we thought black hairy dogs would be hard to capture, but those are great.

XXXoOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Anonymous said...

Fantastic artwork of the pack! Great canvas of Tsar's photo :)

Rottrover let us know Tsar needs our best healing vibes. He has been added to the Power Of The Paw Widget.

We read on a previous post that he is doing better. Hurray! :) Sending him our most positive healing thoughts. Keep getting better Tsar!

Wags and Hugs,
The Roo Family

Charlene and Storm said...

what a fab post and such lovely pictures, i only have fur babies too and ive got 2 canvasses of them on the wall so far, but im hoping to get more with time xxx

gMarie said...

Oh Sue - what a fabulous photo of Tsar. It's lovely! Thank you for sharing all your resources. I have one pencil drawing of Dudley & Abby which I adore but I do need to get good portraits of them all. g

Two French Bulldogs said...

wow, great photos...
Benny & Lily

Nicki said...

We have sooooo many dog photos in our house too!

Lapdog Creations said...

Those are all absolutely wonderful! I've been wanting to get my kids "painted" for years now.

Belinha Fernandes said...

What a geat collection!