Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bailey The Adventurer

Dear Mango, Honorable Judges and Voting Public,

My name is Bailey and I'm a five year old girl Portuguese Water Dog.


We had a family meeting to decide on what category I should enter. My Mom says the category of Adventure Animal was made for me.

Mom says that even before my eyes were open I was trying to climb out of the whelping box to go exploring and the day they opened, I left the box.

By the time I was five weeks old I was climbing out of our four foot high pen and I've been busy exploring ever since. Mom does insist that I confine my explorations to the house and yard.

Being the adventurous type keeps a girl very busy. I have to stay on guard for any intruders that may enter my yard. I'm on duty rain or shine, sleet or snow.

If strangers enter the yard I check them out to make sure they're friendly.

I'm ready if the yard is invaded by wild ducks.

There's a mouse that lives in this wood pile and I plan to catch him.

Squirrels run up this tree and I think maybe I can learn to climb trees if I try hard.

Maybe I'll start by scaling the walls of the tower. It's good practice for tree climbing.

I try to keep the yard tidy at all times. While doing it I imagine that I'm fighting my way thru the jungle.

I think I'd like to visit my friends in Oz and check out those strange animals called roos, but Mom says Oz is on the other side of the earth. No problem, I'll just dig thru.

It's hard digging in rocky ground so I got some help from my brother, but I have to supervise to keep him on target.

Lots of explorer/adventurers have buddies.  Lewis had Clark, Orville had Wilbur and Batman had Robin. I have Monkey.
Monkey goes everywhere with me and is my best friend. He gives me moral support and in turn I protect him from large brown and white predators.
Thank you for accepting my entry. Monkey and I would appreciate your vote.

19 comments:

SissySees said...

Bailey... You need an agent. Mama says I can't enter this year, so I'm offering you OUR services free of charge. Heaven knows if I carried Gg to a reader's choice win in Insane Cracker Dog, taking you all the way will be a cake walk.

Well... that and should our moms ever let us meet, let's go climbing together, okay?

VOTE for BAILEY!

--DIVA Sissy, BIS and DIVA '10

SissySees said...

Edit --

The idiot at the keyboard has serious "year" issues. First, I skipped right over '12, and now, I've erased '11 from the books.

Clearly, Sissy is the reigning Best in Show of Mango Minster 2011. Gah.

rottrover said...

Bailey, you are a true adventurer!!

-Bart and Ruby

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Great entry, Bailey - you are quite the adventurous gal. Good luck in MM '12.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Definitely Adventure dog material, Baily.

When you dig through to Oz, we'll be waiting. You might just send your coordinates first, though.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

We might use your tunnel to visit you.

The Daily Pip said...

Nice job, Bailey! I think you have this one made!

Your pal, Pip

Molly the Airedale said...

You are definitely a super adventure girl, Bailey! Lots of luck to you!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lapdog Creations said...

Great post Bailey... we esp love the pumpkin photo!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Bailey! You do are an adventurer! Keep up that spirit! :)

Smooches...

Milka

Two French Bulldogs said...

its a toss up, mischievious or adventurous, BOL
Happee New Year
Benny & Lily

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Bailey, you are a dame after our own hearts - especially with the digging holes so deep nothing shows but your little butt sticking up in the air. You are the Laura Croft of Blogville for sure. Best of luck in the contest.

Jed & Abby

WFT Nobby said...

Just checking out the competition here!
You certainly do lead an adventurous life. For a girl. Good luck with the mouse catching.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Bailey, we has our paws crossed you catch the mouse in the woodpile. You certainly have the heart of a true adventurer.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Bailey, you ARE Most Adventurous! You sure do lives an exciting life with your furend, Monkey. Oh, and if you ever figure out how to climb trees, could you let me in on the secret? I've been trying to learn myself.

Good luck!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

parlance said...

Yeah, I can see those wild ducks could be quite a problem. Lucky you're so brave at handling them.

BTW, don't come over to Oz and bail up a kangaroo. (Note the special Bailey pun.) They're dangerous!

Bigdogzola said...

Hello Bailey..Nice to visit your blog. What an adventurer! Pleased to read about you..I have never met an Portugese Water doggie..you guys are very cool. Aroooofs from France! Zola the Ridgeback girl who is not happy with her human putting her in the Bad Sports category...Humpf!

Soggibottom said...

Seems you have the same "best pose " just like me when I am digging in the sand :-) Luv's Freya Rose Blossom X

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

It was lots of fun following you on your adventures! Good luck to you (& monkey!) in MM2012!!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRD & Hootie

2browndawgs said...

You sure have had a lot of adventures. Best of luck to you!