Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Have You Met Mr. Chewy?

With my active pack, we go thru a lot of dog food and Fudge reminded me that includes treats. From time to time Rob has asked me if there's a company that will deliver it to us and I've looked at several over the last couple years. What I found was that the shipping charges were out of sight on some and where they offered free shipping, the price of the food was much higher than I can pay locally.

Recently we were introduced to Mr. Chewy.

Mr Chewy carries over 70 brands of dog and cat food. Several of my dogs are on prescription diets and those are only available from my vet, but I checked the food we use most and the price was within pennies of the price I pay locally. Good so far!



But what about shipping costs on a heavy item like 40 pounds of dog food? Here's the good news. Orders over $49 are free. That's right no shipping costs. With a pack like mine getting to $49 is a breeze. If your order falls under $49 there's a flat shipping fee of $4.95. Or you can do as Fudge advises and add a bag of treats to reach the free figure.

We decided to give Mr Chewy a try.

Last week two boxes arrived and the dogs were very excited. I didn't need to tell them the boxes were for them. They knew from the wonderful smells inside.

I ordered a bag of dog food.....

and two bags of treats. These were treats I wanted for Samba and was having trouble finding locally.

Shipping only took three days and that was working around holidays, so we were very pleased. Now Rob is happy because he doesn't have to drive across town and carry heavy bags of dog food around. I'm happy because I have access to products I want for my dogs.
Happiest of all are the dogs.


Mr Chewy also carries Frontline for flea and tick control. He also has a great return policy and even pays the return shipping.

10 comments:

SissySees said...

Off to explore. Of course, I don't know what I'm paying now, so that's a small problem... hem...

Marjie said...

Sounds like a great place! I'm always looking for places to get things I use in vast quantity, especially heavy or bulky items.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Wow, we have to have our dogfood shipped from Sydney (about a 6 hour drive away) because we eat a grain-free brand. It's over $100 and we pay freight. But it lasts a long time.

It's great to have it delivered though.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Shanna @ Mr. Chewy said...

Thank you so much for the PAWSOME review! Mr. Chewy strives for perfection, so he was very happy to know that you enjoyed your experience - and that your adorable pack liked their treats! Please don't hesitate to call or email us if you ever have questions or need assistance!

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

You are the second blogger to recommend Mr. Chewey and we are definitely going to check it out. It's very hard to find kibble and treats that Abby can eat, with her chronic pancreatitis. We are lucky to have a good local specialty store for high quality dog food, but it never hurts to have more than one source. Thanks for the review.

Jed & Abby

Nicki said...

Pretty sweet deal!

gMarie said...

Wow! That's amazing. The local big box pet store quite their buy 10 bags gets one free. Of course it's slightly cheaper on line (about 10% off - pays for that one free bag) but then there's shipping.

I just ordered 4 bags of Blue and found a coupon for 10% off at RetailMeNot dot Com (do you know that one?). Hopefully it gets here before we run out. Oh yea - it was about 2-5 a bag cheapter than the big box pet store. Thank you!

g

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Everybuddy, sounds like a win win situations for everybuddy. Home delivered food Mmmmmm. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Molly the Airedale said...

Mr Chewy sounds like a fabulous deal and everybody wins!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lapdog Creations said...

We have a Mr Chewy review to post this week - LOVE them!