Monday, January 30, 2012

The Blue Star

About a week ago when Samba and I were out late at night, she went sniffing around the yard and I looked up at the clear night sky. There just to the southeast of us was a bright blue star. It was beautiful and I watched it for a long time. The next night I looked up and there it was again shining with a bright blue glow. I didn't trust my eyes, so I went in and told Rob about it and asked him to come take a look. He confirmed that it was indeed blue.
I check for that star every evening now and when I heard yesterday that our friend Maggie had crossed the rainbow bridge, I knew that the blue star was there to guide her safely.
Now whenever I look up at our star, I smile because I see Maggie watching over us.

11 comments:

Marjie said...

A bittersweet star, indeed. Another loss, tempered by the wonderful memories Maggie left with her family.

SissySees said...

I saw a shooting star as I left the airport Saturday night. I found out later that Maggie must have been running by to visit my airedale buddy in the area.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We're going to miss Maggie. Her Dad wrote a lovely tribute to her.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

rottrover said...

A sweet post!

Molly the Airedale said...

You have our mom sobbing yet again.
Thank you so much for a beautiful post.

Love ya lots,
Mitch, Sue and George

Lapdog Creations said...

Bittersweet and beautiful...

Sam said...

I heard from other dog bloggers that Maggie was having a tough time lately. I'm so sorry for her family's loss.. going to pay them a visit now.

Tracy said...

Oh, bless Maggie indeed. May her memories guide and love you~

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Now that is one beautiful way to remember sweet Maggie.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Shane Kent Louis said...

what a great friendship that you shared with maggie, this is a great tribute for her as our paw friends. we miss maggie so much..

dog fence | It's all about Pets

Piappies World said...

We are really going to miss Maggie and we feel sad about her passing. We send our hugs to Mitch and her family, too.

A blue star for a very special pup. We keep her memories close to our hearts.

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie