Sunday, December 9, 2012

No R and R

First I want to clarify something. I gave the impression in yesterday's post that we have snow. Not true. Those are all old pictures of winters past. We are still warm and dry and wishing for snow.

The last several months have been emotionally charged for us and I really needed some rest and relaxation, so when our new neighbor invited us to a Christmas pageant that she was in, we happily accepted.

I was looking forward to a night out when nothing was expected of me but to sit and enjoy. At the appropriate time I changed into a bright green shirt and added sparkly earrings and felt fairly festive. Then we decided that since we'd be out for a couple hours, we'd better let the dogs out before we left.

Of course, nothing has been running smoothly lately and when Sebastian came back inside, his incision was bleeding. It's been bothering him for several day, probably itchy, and he must have rubbed it on either the bricks or the fence. Don't you love when they decide to handle matters themselves?

I got the bleeding stopped with pressure without getting blood all over my green shirt. The stitches were all still there and it didn't look like he'd done much damage. I put a little antibiotic ointment on the stitches and then it was time to leave.


I tried to concentrate on the show and the music, but I kept wondering what Sebastian was doing to himself and if he was leaving a trail of blood throughout the house. Finally, about 40 minutes into the show I asked Rob what he thought and he had been having the same thoughts. We quietly left and hurried home to find the pack greeting us at the door. The incision had bled a little but had stopped on it's own and I didn't see any blood on the carpet so things are good.
 I still could use that R and R but I guess I'll have to find it at home with my unruly dogs at my side.

11 comments:

Jo's World said...

When a boy gets itchy, there is only one thing to do! When does Sebastian go back for his check up? Maybe he could still have a little infection in there, or is he still on Antibiotics?

I am wishing you all well here, and hope you get rested up soon.

Cheers and hugs,
Jo

rottrover said...

Maybe a good book by the fire, surrounded by furry friends will have to do. You could still wear your sparkly earrings!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We are sorry about Sebastian's bleeding but we are also happy you were able to get out for a night and hopefully enjoy the festivities a bit.

All paws crossed for Sebastian to be less itchy and heal quickly.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Ruby said...

Oh, dude. Well you sure are innovative, I'll give ya that! Just glad it turned out to be okay, and no real harm (except for your Moms anxiety!) was done.
Maybe, just maybe, you can have some R&R by New Years!

Kisses,
Ruby

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to think it may have been his way to kepp you there,
Hummmmmmmmmm

Your Pals
Susie & Bites

Pees; we do have some brains and we always want our peeps around!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Paws are crossed for Sebastian
Benny & Lily

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Isn't that always the way! We're glad the wound was alright, but sorry you couldn't enjoy the concert.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

We're happy you didn't get blood all over your blouse either!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I know how you feel - I have a hard time leaving my dogs and wish I could find a competent dogsitter that I could really trust!

Lynn

Lapdog Creations said...

I know how you feel and find myself doing much the same...

Molly the Airedale said...

Poor Sebastian. Your mom and dad can't have a good time when they're worrying about you. Feel better soon, buddy!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Life with Wrigs said...

I know all about that anxious feeling. We humans rarely go anywhere together anymore. It's a lot easier to relax at home with Wrigs. :-) I hope Sebastian heals quickly and gets those stitches out soon so you'll have one less thing to worry about.

Susan and Wrigs