Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An Idea

I've had a little germ of an idea running around in my brain for a while. Lately it's been growing and taking up more and more of my attention. Finally, I sat down and talked it over with Rob and suddenly it all started to come together and make sense.

Next I talked it over (actually e-mailed it back and forth) with a friend who liked the little idea and agreed to be my partner.

Now I want to let you in on my thoughts and see if any of you are interested.

My idea is to start another blog which would be interactive. We'd have topics mostly centered around being pet owners and everyone would get to join in with ideas, opinions, experiences and more.

We could make the new blog a resource for each other and other pet owners. Some of the topics would include the best places to buy dog toys online. How do we help pets that are afraid of thunder and fireworks? What are your favorite pet friendly vacation areas? What hotels and motels are pet friendly?



We would celebrate recent pet adoptions, class finishes and competitions. We can discuss holiday safety tips and offer book reviews.

These are just a few of the topics that we can discuss. Are any of you interested in seeing a blog like this get started? Will you visit and join in the discussion? I think we can make it interesting and informative and fun. You can make comments and send emails and send photos and I think it can work.

Let me know what you think.

13 comments:

soulbrush said...

i think that with the success of doggie thursday, this would be excellent. of course i would visit, although your information doesn't always apply to me across the pond (am i the only one from england in your gang?) go for it girl, you are the right one to get it going!

Heather and Kelly said...

I would definitely follow it but I don't know if I would have much to contribute! Just have to see. I think you should go ahead with it.

SissySees said...

Can we talk about how to exericse high-energy dogs indoors without breaking lamps or the like when the weather isn't cooperating?

Personally, I would want this to be globally interactive. I would love to hear about how vets elsewhere in the world treat ear infections. Is nutrition actually taught in vet schools in other countries by someone other than a pet food company?

Just a few more ideas...

Unknown said...

I think it sounds like a great idea. I've been wondering what you've been up to. Glad you are well and thinking :) g

Learner Ros said...

Great idea!

LizzieJane said...

I think it is a brilliant idea Sue. Can it be for all kinds of pets? What a great way to pass info back and forth to each other.
x

Lapdog Creations said...

I like Chan's idea of it being global... very interesting!

Its fun to get so many perspectives on things and to have so many people out there who've tried this or that... been through this or that..

Sam said...

I think it's a great idea, but I do hope you'll continue your personal blog here, too!

Mad about Craft said...

I'm for it! Anything that helps with a loopy Staffie I'm for!

Anonymous said...

Sue - I've been a frequent visitor as I have my own little Portie - a black wavy girl - and just love your blog! I'm sure I would visit your new one, not sure if I would be able to add much to the effort. It sounds like a fun idea and I think you would do a good job!
- Daisy

Tee said...

Count us in!! And the Chief too! But our's would be an input from the Far East though ...

Licks and wags

The Dog WOods Pack

Dianne said...

Sounds like a great idea! I'd absolutely be a reader!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! This is a fantastic idea and I CAN'T wait (literally) for my first post to the "pet adoptions." I went and exercised Frisk again yesterday. I am still trying to find him a home.-Trish