Friday, March 6, 2009

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Today was a terrific day for so many reasons. First , it was warm and sunny and there was no mud. That may seem like a small thing, but when you have forty furry feet coming in the back door, you appreciate the lack of mud.

Robert surprised me with a chocolate eclair to eat with my morning coffee. That was a very nice way to start the morning.

I have been involved in a three way battle with a local medical facility and my insurance carrier over a billing error. I was overcharged $215. This has been going on since November and I was at the point of contacting the Attorney General to get him involved. Today in the mail I received a check for the full amount.

Today was the boys' turn to visit the doctor. They all jumped excitedly into the car and were happy to see the ladies who all fuss over them.

Noah likes attention and these ladies have treats.


Dr B has a picture of Samba and her puppies on a ledge in the exam room. I gave it to him to keep him humble after he told me she wasn't pregnant.


Noah and Sky looking for a place to hide after we put Fudge on the exam table. It suddenly dawns on them that their turns are probably coming next.


Fudge flirts with Becky. It didn't save him, he still got a shot.


The boys decide to accept the inevitable and relax while they wait their turns.

The boys all had excellent exams, no problems found and Sky even got a perfect report card. I think Dr B was so pleased with the way his tooth looked that he forgot to hunt for something to mark in red on the report. Sky has been given the OK to eat normally now and can play with toys that aren't too hard. No sticks. I'm going to order some glow balls for him this weekend so he can carry one around with him instead of playing with sticks.


Noah is happy that he had a good report and is begging for a reward.

Dr B gave me copies of all the girls and Tsar's blood tests. Morgan is the only one who had any problems show up and they were all things we were aware of. She's had liver disease for years, but it doesn't seem to be any worse than last time.

J came into town with Splash and Gracie and we had a relaxing lunch together. She has just moved into a new house with a much larger yard for the dogs to play in. We saw it while it was under construction and I can't wait to visit and see it all finished.

She read on my profile on this blog that I liked jazz, so while packing to move she put some jazz cds that she no longer wanted into a box and brought them to me. What a wonderful surprise.

When I opened the box, there were some of my favorites right on top. Next week I'll be swaying to the music as I work. What a thoughtful gift.


I think I'll have a glass of wine and start a new book I've been wanting to read. The perfect ending to a perfect day.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

he does need to be kept humble...

LizzieJane said...

What a great week for you and all your doggies, isn't it great that it is all finished for another year. I have to say they all looked like they were very well behaved. Thanks for taking us along it was fun.
Have a wonderful weekend.
x

SissySees said...

What a great day! Congrats to Sky on his perfect report card.

What kind of wine goes with jazz and healthy dogs?

Unknown said...

Oh Sue what a lovely day indeed. Mine was much less relaxing and far more frantic. Althought The Princess and I did find 2 hours to sit at the LYS, knitting, chatting and drinking tea. :) g

Dianne said...

There's nothing better than a good report from the vet!

dreameyce said...

Chocolate makes EVERY day better. If only my Hubby would learn to wake me with chocolate!