Friday, May 8, 2009

Bears In Coats

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,
Was he?

When I was a little girl my grandfather taught me that rhyme. I don't know if it affected my developing brain in some way, or if I just have a weird sense of humor, but the idea of bears wearing coats strikes me as extremely silly.

Rob and friends cater to my silliness. Here are some examples.

Here we have a crocheted poncho for cool autumn evenings.


A light hoodie for sporting events.


A hooded vest for a stroll in the woods with your owl and moose friends.


This looks like a skiing trip is in the works.


This little girl is wearing ice skates.


Little Red Riding Hood, I presume.


Obviously ready for a Christmas party, maybe a sleigh ride?


A good warm jacket for cold days.


This is one of my favorites. He's wearing fur muk-luks and holding a penguin.


A good cloth coat and a fancy hat.


What can I say about this?


Velvet with fur trim seems to be big with the bear crowd.


She has her pet leopard and a teddy bear.


How about a nice mink coat?
If I come back as a teddy bear, let it be this one.
What makes you laugh?

10 comments:

Rufus and Indie said...

Cute bears! The little clothes are lovely!:)

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Aaah, sweet bears! We have a Lewis Lamb, a sheep teddy from the Isle of Lewis all dressed up in Harris tweed....complete with heather!
Sorry we've been awol again, we're in for a night of catching up but so far going nowhere fast...and you guys have been very busy! Hope all ears, eyes, paws etc are well now.
Have a great weekend :D

Sam said...

Cute bears. I hope they're easy to keep away from the dogs. I know my pooch would want to pick them all up and throw them across the room.

It's not all fun, though - I have tortured her with (dog) stuffies - I once made her pose with her prized spotted frog on her head. LOL! It was priceless.

I have one teddy bear that my grandfather gave me when I was an infant. He's worn and old, but I think I'll keep him forever.

Thor and Jack said...

Those bears are so cute! And very stylish!
Have a great weekend, my friends!

Love,
Thor

soulbrush said...

YOU make me laugh, i absolutely love your collection. i said i had never had my own bear...after 'talking' to you, i am now looking for one that i will fall in love with, haven't told my hubby yet!!! tee hee.

SissySees said...

Cute! I collected bears for several years. Most of mine are bare though.

Those lawn ornament ducks with seasonal outfits make me laugh. MIL had one...

Sue Bridges said...

Hi, found your blogg through my sisters "ginerbread". Love the teddies, they are so cute. I am new to this blogging world, so am slowly putting my blogg together, hope you have time to visit it and any help and ideas would be great. Sue x

Tee said...

OHhhh, our Chief simply loves your bears ... she once hand a bear collection when she was in England ...

But since then we canines at Dog Woods have been keeping her more than occupied!

licks and wags

TUffy and the Dog WOods Pack

LizzieJane said...

These are so adorable! They are very well dressed bears, I must say!
x

Soggibottom said...

I see you young bear, I never noticed you before.. Silly me :-) x x x