Saturday, August 14, 2010

Where In The World Is That Monkey?


This is getting serious. Monkey has been gone for almost a week.


Bailey is very worried about her friend and is asking everyone to watch for a little lost monkey that may be wandering around in a daze.


I'm focusing the search closer to home today, mainly because yesterday it was 101 degrees and today's forecast is for 103.


Has anyone seen my Ipod?


Where would I go if I was a lost monkey? Maybe I'd read a good book in the library.


3 D movies are fun. I wonder if one is playing around here.


I know kids can waste a lot of time on hand held games, I wonder.


Maybe he met a friend for a little monkey business.


Because Bailey is so upset, I'll make an extra effort to find the little guy. You've seen those tiny little flashlights they use on CSI when they enter a dark house. I always wonder why they don't just turn the lights on. Maybe they don't learn about light switches in CSI school.


I have my own version of the CSI flashlight. I keep it in the garage near the back door. If I don't get the correct head count at night, I use it to find the stray dog that doesn't want to come in with the others. Taking my trusty CSI floodlight and a stick ( there was a snake in the yard in the spring and I don't want to reach under a bush and meet him) I set out to find that pesky monkey.


In the far corner is a rock with a large weed growing over it. Is that a monkey tail behind it? Do you see it?


I pulled the weed back and there he was. Rob and I had both walked past him dozens of times over the past week and didn't see him. Fudge did a good job of hiding him.


I gave him to Bailey and she had to sniff him all over to be sure he was alright.


He's OK and Bailey is happy to have her friend safely back with her. Don't you love a happy ending?

24 comments:

Stella said...

There is nothing as good as a happy ending. I love your CSI lamp too, I might have to get one of those.

Stella answered Tsar on her blog. I hope she enters! The more the merrier!

Cheers,

Jo and Stella

booahboo said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. monkey is back.. i am so the happys for the Baileys :) Yayyyyyyyy!! Hip Hip Hooraaayyy for Sue & Rob

bad Fudge bad bad Fudge..

Woofies & licks,
Dommy

Unknown said...

Hoooooraaaay!!

Da Monkey is back! I been worried sicks all week!

Tell Bailey to keep a tighter grip on da Monkey from now on.....

MinnaK

Scrabblequeen said...

Yes!! Your mom did a good job of looking for your lost friend. Thank heavens he's back safely.
Woofs...Sasha (and Misty)

Janet said...

Hooray! So glad to hear that Bailey and Monkey have been reunited.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We're so glad you found him!!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

Two French Bulldogs said...

Bailey I would sit monkey down and have a good talkin to. Look like he was having lots of fun while you were worried about him (BOL). Better yet, get him microchipped
Benny & Lily

Mad about Craft said...

So glad he was found alive and well!!!

Emma Rose said...

I'm so happy to see a happy ending to the Monkey Saga! There has been talk around the castle about heading out to help on a Monkey search. Whew! That was a close one :)

Kisses,
Emma Rose

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Hooray! Monkey is back. We've just had a similar incident here.

Poor Monkey, he didn't get to do any of that cool stuff. He just had to sit in the dirt until he was rescued. Bailey better hand on to him now.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Pei In The Life said...

Oh phew! Glad he's home safe!

Bolo

The Daily Pip said...

What a relief! I was so worried.

Your pal, Pip

Zona said...

Oh thank dogness! Monkey is back!!!

Wags,
Zona

Miley said...

You are a very cute dog! I haven't ever met a Portuguese Water Dog before, although I can imagine we have a lot in common: both being dogs, loving water, food, etc. :)

I'm from blog hop, and it is very nice to meet you.
I'm very glad your Monkey is back. :D

Please come and visit me sometime at http://curiouscavortingcavoodle-miley.blogspot.com/

Cuddles and licks,
Love Miley xxx

Molly the Airedale said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, monkey is back! We are so happy for Bailey!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

SissySees said...

Oh, I love a happy ending! Hooray!!!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

A very happy ending!!! Wonderful news!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

House of Carnivores said...

Hi there! Your blog was one of the first that I discovered this summer, when I realized that there was a whole world of dog (and cat) blogs out there!

You may have already seen this one, but I would like to give you an award, which is at http://houseofcarnivores.blogspot.com/.

Marjie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders why they never turn on the light switch on CSI ans similar shows. Hooray for Detective Sue! Bailey looks very happy.

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Yep! We love happy endings around here! I'm glad that monkey is home safe and sound. And we've wondered about that whole CSI-light switch thing, too. ;-)

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Mutant Puppy

the many Bs said...

we just hate it when our favorite toys go missing. we're so glad that this story had a happy ending. we liked the monkey enjoying the ipod and 3-D movies.

we always wondered about those stupid little CSI flashlights too. we're glad that the money got found without having to call in the CSI team.

woofs

gMarie said...

Yea! i'm so happy for all that Monkey is back. g

soulbrush said...

whew i was getting quite worried reading your post, but what a great ending.

Lapdog Creations said...

Cheers to a happy ending! :)