Monday, November 4, 2013

An Adjustment

Wow, it's November and I'm still stuck back in September somewhere. All year I've been playing catch up and not succeeding. Now daylight savings is behind us and it gets dark early. The days are relatively warm but the nights are cold. The wind  is blowing hard and the leaves are flying thru the air.

It seems like it was November just last week. Last November was one of the worst months of my life and now suddenly it's here again.

I'm part way thru another Halloween cross stitch and was thinking about making another bunny but suddenly I've come to the realization that the holidays are approaching really, really fast. I have to switch gears and get ready. I have tucked away my current cross stitch and am thinking about something more seasonal. I have also sorted thru my yarn stash for reds and greens and hope to cast on tonight.

It's a good time to sit near the fire with an afghan across my lap and a dog or three at my feet and get on with holiday stitching, but I just don't feel it. Has the year end sneaked up on you, too? Am I the only one having trouble making the adjustment?

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

thank you so much for coming by to congratulate jo! really appreciate it! blessings to you - and i totally agree that november cannot possibly be here already! :)

Kari in Alaska said...

I really cannot believe how fast this year went

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom is feeling like she's fighting a losing battle these days. There is just too much to do this time of year! Knitting sounds like a great way to relax!

Marjie said...

Since October was so warm, this cold blast and dark just snuck up on us. My lawyer daughter is trying to figure out who's to blame for the fact that it's dark before 5:30, so it's harder for her to walk home from work. I told her to start with the politicians; they muck up everything anyway. Hope your red and green things help you adjust!

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that the Washington politicos decided that if they could make us change times twice a year, they could make us do anything. I haven't met one person who wants to change. Just let us stay on one time please.

Anonymous said...

Yep, this year has blown by, for us thought it's Ahhhhh the holidays with Mom, Dad and the Grand Peeps a most fun time of the year.

The Mad Scots

Taffy said...

I can't believe the year is almost over either. I'm having a hard time thinking about Christmas coming so soon.

SissySees said...

Nope. I have started my 4th week at the new job. The guy who started the week before me? I have to process his health insurance forms tomorrow, because Wednesday is his 30th day. Time is flying, and I haven't knitted the first Christmas gift... and just learned another friend is pregnant. Much to knit!!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

It did get chilly quick
Lily

Jo's World said...

I am still behind from last year. I was planning to knit my son, Big Foot, some socks but the idea of it doesn't even sound fun.

So I am just gonna get busy on the sewing machine and make a few things and what gets done, gets done. The rest will get a big Merry Christmas from me!

(This may include you!)

Cheers and hugs,

Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Ruby said...

Well, it's been a good start to the fall here, butts Ma's head is about to explode tryin' to think that Thanksgivin' is just a few weeks away!!!! Holy Crap!!! she's not ready!! (I am, turkey sounds FABulous!!)
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

ElleC said...

You are so right! How on earth can it be November? Wasn't July two weeks ago?

I awoke to a rude awakening this morning. SNOW. Sorry for mentioning that four letter word on a family friendly blog, but it was there. It won't last, but still. 8-(

Oh well, the puppies love the white stuff.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Mates, our mum is freakin out cause it's November and she hasn't even started to get organised for Christmas. Yep this year has literally flown by. Hope you are all ok. NO worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Lapdog Creations said...

I'm still wondering where July & August went?!?!