Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Living Her Dream

When I first started blogging I hoped to make contact with others with similar interests. So most nights I would read other blogs and try to find a place where I fit in. One night I discovered a blog called Dogs On Thursday. It was a blog for other bloggers who loved and lived with dogs. Each Thursday they posted about their dogs. I followed it for a few weeks before deciding to take the big step and join. They were planning a summer swap and that's what pushed me to join in. It was the best move I could have made.

During my stay at Dogs On Thursday, I made contact with a number of people who I am sill in touch with and consider friends. One of those bloggers was Joss. We hit it off, not only because we both loved dogs, but because we were the same age, many of my blogging friends are younger, and because our birthdays are only three days apart.  Joss was born in South Africa but now lives in England with her hubby and darling little Snuffles.
When we first met, Joss was teaching and during her free time she would paint. I showed her paintings to Rob and we asked to buy a couple of them. These are the ones we chose.
Finally she quit teaching, built a lovely studio in her back yard and devoted herself to her art. Her work has grown and developed and is amazing. She does mostly African art and the movement and color in her paintings is wonderful. It makes me smile. She has really grown as an artist and we are so proud of her.
 
She now sells her work all over the world and has recently had several showings in and around London.
Recently she has started a series of dog breed paintings and does commissions, too.
Today is Joss's birthday, so drop by and wish her a happy one and take a look at some of her fabulous pieces of art. You can find her blog here
Http://soulbrush.blogspot.com
Her Etsy shop is located here
www.etsy.com/shop/soulbrushart
Happy birthday, my friend. I'm very glad we met.

14 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Sounds like you started blogging the same way we did. It's great when you find friends you'd otherwise never meet.

Love the paintings. So vibrant.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Sue, wowza your friend is indeed talented. It is wonderful how some of the best friends we meet in life are through our love of dogs. Take care and have a great day. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy Birthday to Joss! We love her dog breed paintings! They're so colorful and pretty!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

rottrover said...

What beautiful work! We'll drop by!

Ruby said...

Wows indeed!! I stopped by her bloggie and WOWSA! She sure is talented! I thinks she is gonna be bigger than she already is.
Thanks for sharing!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Jo's World said...

I love some of the African dancers you show at the beginning. . .wow!

Happy Birthday, Joss, amazing work!

Jo in MN

Rubye Jack said...

Joss does some nice work.
There certainly are a lot of bloggers sharing their dogs and who can blame them. Funny you don't see many cat bloggers though.

bichonpawz said...

Her artwork is just amazing!! Love the colors!! Going to head over and check out her Etsy shop and her blog!! Happy Wednesday!

soulbrush said...

Dear darling Sue, you have me crying here- where are the darned tissues? I had no idea you were going to do a post about me, and I am so filled with joy.
JOY that I met you and Rob and the gang,JOY that you have 2 of my very earliest paintings,JOY that we are still such good friends and of course JOY that we are both Aqua girls. I am going to show this and share it on fb as I want all my fb friends to know what a special special lady you are. LOVE YOU LOTS Sue and Rob and the gang. xxxxx

Lapdog Creations said...

She does fabulous work. I LOVE those dogs paintings!

Marjie said...

I found you through Dogs on Thursday, too, and am so glad I did. Happy Birthday to Joss, a talented painter indeed.

Sweepy said...

Woof, is she a dog who paint too? Or is she a painter who makes dog paintings? I'm drooly confused. Please bear with this senior dog!

Taffy said...

What beautiful paintings! I never thought I would make the friends I've made through blogging. I hope you guys aren't snowed in!

SissySees said...

What a talented woman! Thank you for introducing us to your friend. I made some wonderful friends through DoT as well. I guess that's why I continue to be dog-centric on "Thorsday," to honor those connections made.