Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Change In Plans

Morgan was scheduled for surgery this morning to remove the growth from the side of her face. However it didn't happen.
Morgan has been a picky eater for several months, but over the weekend she stopped eating entirely. She refused everything I tried to feed her.  She would stand next to me as I prepared her food and seemed interested, but as soon as I put the bowl down, she sniffed the food and walked away. I attempted to hand feed her, but she walked away. She refused chicken and even toast with peanut butter.

Yesterday I called Dr B to discuss the situation. We agreed that the antibiotic she was taking was probably making her nauseous. She finished the antibiotic Sunday evening, so he suggested I try to feed her starchy foods for 48 hours till she was feeling better.

Last night I boiled some ground beef and cooked up some elbow macaroni. The combination was a hit. She ate a small portion for dinner, then another before bed. This morning she finished it. I gave her some probiotics last night and this morning with the meals.

Tonight I made her a baked potato and some boiled chicken. She devoured it, so I think we're on the right track. Tomorrow I'll add in a little dog food to the mixture and see if I can get her back to eating her own food again.

After checking in this afternoon, we reset her surgery for next week on Halloween. It seems like a cruel trick, but I'm hoping she'll be back to normal by then and we can get rid of the ugly growth.

11 comments:

Jo's World said...

You are a smart girl, I like startchies too like rice, noodles and macaronies. Good luck on your Halloween operation,girl!

Stella

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Whew, we were worried as we started the post, but so happy that Morgan is eating again. Those antibiotics can be tough on any tummy.

All paws crossed.

Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

At least she's eating again. Sounds like you're on the right track. Hopefully, you won't have to have a item added to your dogs' menu.

Hope the surgery goes with no problems. paws will be crossed.

Ruby said...

Yups, smart gurl...wait for the good stuffs! ☺ I'll keep my paws crossed for you Morgan...and keep up that hand feeding! BOL
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

rottrover said...

What great news, Morgan!

Bart

bichonpawz said...

Antibiotics are really rough on my own stomach so I can relate to how Morgan is feeling! Sure glad that the regular foods are making her feel better. POTP for surgery and recovery! xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

Molly the Airedale said...

Our paws are crossed for you, Morgan! Keep eating, girlfren ♥

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Lapdog Creations said...

All paws crossed her for you Morgan! You are a strong girl... show your Mommy just how so!

Marjie said...

Poor Morgan! Hoping all goes well next week. At least she's getting the really good stuff!

SissySees said...

Oh goodness! Poor Morgan, poor you. My antibiotic eye drops upset my stomach, if you can imagine, but I'm done with them too. We just had a spinach calzone for dinner. My girls love starch and cheese.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

You're a dedicated and caring mom. You're a good cookie. We hope that all will be fine with Morgan.