Sunday, August 26, 2018

Dr Lyon To The Rescue #Chewy Influencer

A few months ago our friends at Chewy sent us a probiotic  by Dr Lyon.  Until that time I hadn't heard of the company but we've been using a probiotic ever since our crypto catastrophe. We had been using ForteFlora for several years and liked it. We decided to try Dy Lyon's probiotic and were very happily surprised. It worked even better for us than the one we were using and it cost less. Win-win!

Earlier this month we received a surprise package from Chewy containing two other products from the Dr Lyon line. Because of our success with the probiotic, we were more than ready to try them. First was Dr Lyon's Skin and Coat Support Soft Chews.
 These are basically an omega supplement and we highly approve of omega supplements. The first two ingredients are salmon oil and Brewers yeast, both of which my dogs take daily.



This summer I have two dogs, Norma Jean and Sebastian that are extremely itchy. They are both just itchy dogs normally, but this summer their allergies have exploded and the itching is out of control. We've tried almost everything short of steroids, so I decided to give these soft chews to the two of them.
They think they're special treats and and seem to love the taste. Have they helped? I don't know yet. They aren't specifically designed for allergies but I'm hoping that by conditioning their skin, they may help stop the itching. We'll see. They certainly aren't doing any harm and I think in Sebastian's case they may be helping a little.
The second product in our surprise package was something that pleased me a lot. It's Dr Lyon's Liver Support Soft Chews.
 These little funky smelling chews contain some good stuff like silymarin from milk thistle and tumeric. Again these are things my dogs take daily for liver health. Two of my girls, Lola and Tess, have had higher than normal liver values on some of their blood tests so they are the ones I chose to test out this product. They love them, probably because of the cheese flavor.
 Because my dogs take  silymarin and tumeric daily anyway, it's hard to tell if these chews are having any significant effect, but I think they're just more of a good thing.
I thank Chewy for sending these helpful products to us for my dogs to try. My dogs thank Chewy because they taste good and maybe make them feel better at the same time.

Chewy sent us these Dr Lyon products at no cost to us in exchange for our honest review.

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

The folks at Chewy are always so thoughtful and generous. I hope the skin and coat and liver support supplements work great for you!

Marjie said...

Chewy is so good to you! It looks like they pay attention to your pack, since they send you such thoughtful products to try. I enjoy buying some of their special treats and toys for my kids' dogs.