Sunday, January 13, 2019

Getting In Shape #Chewy Influencer

Our Chewy reviews this month are going to be a little different than usual. Generally I order items that everyone can try and whether it's food or treats, each dog gets to sample them. This month I ordered items specifically for individuals. The first item we're reviewing is for Sydney.
Syd has always been an active dog. She loves to run, jump and dig. Especially dig! She's always stayed slim and muscular, but recently I've noticed that Syd has been gaining weight. She not fat, but doesn't look slim and muscular.
 She's six years old now, the age where thyroid symptoms often show up, so she'll soon visit Dr B for a blood test. In the meantime I cut back the amount of food she gets at each meal, but I haven't noticed any change in her waistline.
When Chewy sent their list of review items I was pleased to see Natural Balance Original Ultra Whole Body Health Reduced Calorie Chicken, Salmon & Duck Formula Canned Dog Food. It seemed like a perfect food for Syd to try. It's formulated for adult dogs, with fewer calories. It's made with multiple animal protein sources and added vitamin A and B12.
Syd is a picky eater, so she gets a little topper on her kibble to entice her to eat. This food mixed into her kibble received her approval and she doesn't know she's getting diet food. She just thinks it tastes good.
I'll watch her diet, encourage her activities and possibly treat her thyroid. Somehow we'll get Syd back into top condition.
  Chewy sent us a case of Natural Balance Reduced Calorie food at no cost to us in exchange for our honest review. This morning I gave Fudge a spoonful mixed with his kibble and from the way he attacked it, I'd say this food is a winner.

5 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Well....stick to the lower calorie diet, so you don't have to miss out on Sprinkles. That's our advice....

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

You are very smart to have Chewy help meet your dog's needs

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Mommy keeps telling me I have to go on a diet. But, hey.... I'm too old to diet! Right?????

Ruby said...

OH NOES! I hear that all the times!!!! Ma says i have to cut back on the treaties and stuffs, butts she doesn't knows that Gpa slips me all kinds of stuffs when she isn't around! shhhh, don't tells her, k? I just flash him my big browns, and it works every time! ☺
Ma gets mad, butts has given up....(yay!)
So, she said I am gonna gets less foods and treaties to make up for it, butts that is just mean, I say!
Anyhu, I'll be overs for some of that delish FISHIES!!!! I do dream of the fishes.....sigh.
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Molly the Airedale said...

I hate when mom starts cutting back on my treats because she's thinks I'm getting pudgy. I hope your thyroid is okay, Sydney.