Sunday, March 15, 2020

Viral Thoughts

I never expected being a loner to come in so handy. Rob and I are staying home with the mutts, reading lots, watching old reruns on TV and of course stitching. There isn't a lot of exciting stuff to post about but I'm hoping to urge my ancient computer to work with me on waking up my blog.

I could be using the time to clean house and organize but that seems like a task better put off till boredom truly gets out of hand. There are so many more enjoyable activities to keep me busy.

So far both the humans in the household are well. Lola has some sort of strange hormonal condition known as alapecia X. It's causing her to lost a lot of her coat. Her head, chest and front legs look fine but the back part is practically naked. It doesn't seem to bother her in the least so we're just wtching her closely.
Norma Jean is her usual goofy self. Her sight and hearing aren't as acute as they used to be but she knows when anyone has food and shows up for her share. She and Mackey work together to keep us safe. Since Norma Jean can't hear the mail truck or Fed Ex truck, Mackey barks and NJ jumps in as backup singer.
Mackey hasn't had a seizure since January so we're just watching and trying to keep her safe.
Syd is well. She and Rob have movie night every evening after dinner. They get together in the basement and watch some movie that I wouldn't enjoy. Rob likes lots of action and Syd likes lots of bellyrubs.
I need to cut this short as I've promised to make chocolate chip cookies and now seems like the right time. Stay safe, Blogville!

6 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We live a mostly 'self-isolating' life anyway these days, so there's not great change.

Sounds like Dad and Syd have worked out the perfect movie partnership!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

With Mom still recovering from her broken arm, it seems like we have already been in quarantine for a long time. Nice to hear from you. Hope you all stay safe and healthy.

Woos, Lightning and Timber

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Thank you for the update We hope you can post more.

Molly the Airedale said...

Staying home is nothing new to us. Stay busy and stay safe, Miss Sue!

Matilda the Boxer said...

Momma spends most of her time now watching TV and cross-stitching. She did that before any virus panic!

Marjie said...

Being an introvert definitely helps! Patrick's going to be stir crazy before this is over. But Thatcher is pleased that he doesn't go to school any more. Stay well, Sue; I need to try to wake my blog up, too.