Sunday, May 3, 2020

Life Changes

Our lives have all changed recently and I've heard a lot of people who aren't adjusting well. A couple of friends who almost never left the house before the virus, now feel caged. I look at it differently.

Instead of feeling forced to stay home, I feel I have permission to stay in and do the things I enjoy most, playing with my dogs, reading books I didn't have time for and my crafts.
Instead of wandering around the grocery store I get to order online and my order gets delivered.

Of course there have been some items that were snatched up by hoarders and aren't available from the usual stores. The items we haven't been able to order are flour, rice and yeast.

Instead of getting upset, I chose to turn it into a scavenger hunt. Rob scored 10 pounds of flour last week. He was in a store for something else and checked out the baking aisle. There it was, one lone bag of flour. Got it. One item off the list.

Today I found a restaurant online that was selling supplies. When we called they had rice. We now have 50 pounds of rice snuggly stored in the pantry.

The last item is yeast and this one is really tough. I'll keep looking but I may have to ask for help eventually.
Today Rob came home with this. We weren't out yet but starting to get low.
For my mental health I'm trying to put a good spin on this whole mess that we're in. How are you all dealing with lockdown?

7 comments:

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We got some toilet paper too. It was the greatest thing I have done all year

Ruby said...

There's been flour lately, and it's like hitting the lottery when Ma finds hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, and paper products! Though, she is okay of the TP for nows, so she isn't worried, cause her Target has had at least some brand available the past couple of weeks. I thinks FINALLY peeps have stopped panic buying! Paws crossed! And last week, Ma didn't even have to stand in line to gets in the store! WoooHooo! Anyhu, nows that Ma got an email that charity donations will be opening again soon, she can finally clean out some crap...um...stuff, and organize! BOL!
If Ma sees some yeast, she'll send some your way ☺
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We're fine....way out here in the middle of nowhere. We can get out for exercise, do essential shopping and get takeaway from restaurants if you want. For a few weeks, now the shops have had full shelves--hoarding seems over. People still sanitize and social distance. You seem to have put a positive spin on everything...good for you!

easyweimaraner said...

it's interesting how much things changed... but we hope for good news today and a good plan if they really want to expand the time to 7/24...

Molly the Airedale said...

Staying home is the usual for us so it's not much of an issue. I had an issue finding rice too but I scored last Tuesday with rice and tp. yay☺

Matilda the Boxer said...

Well, Momma working from home is REALLY messing with my sleep schedule! But she says she finally got in a routine and is happier for it. We definitely spent some early days laying on the couch and feeling pathetic.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom doesn't mind staying at home because there is always something else to do, but she really missed not getting to spend as much time with the family, especially the grands who are all growing up way too fast.

There are a few things she hasn't been able to find either, but so far nothing critical. We think things might get worse before they get better; meat will be next:(

Woos - Lightning and Timber