Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Where Does the Time Go?

 It's been months since I posted but here I am again. Without a house full of dogs things move at a much slower pace around here, but life still goes on. Mackey went to the doctor last month because she was limping badly again. Several months ago she was diagnosed with tendonitis in her shoulder. It seemed to get better but then the limping and constant licking started. She had an exam and blood tests done and I was surprise by the outcome. Her shoulder seems to be better but she has an instability in her elbow. Dr B placed my fingers on the joint so I could feel the popping when he moved the leg. He put her on meds and says she'll have to stay on them as this condition will always be with her. 

She takes her meds nicely each morning and is getting along pretty well. She limps around the house but outside she seems to forget the pain and runs and jumps and digs like crazy. You can see the spot in the picture. She has licked it so much that the fur is permanently tinted pink.

Speaking of Mackey, For the last four years she's been experiencing seizures on an irregular schedule. In 2020 I started giving Norma Jean CBD oil for her neurological issues. I decided to try it on Mackey too, so she got a few drops each evening on her dinner. She had no seizures in 2021. Then in December we ran out of CBD. In January Mackey had a seizure. Needless to say I immediately ordered more oil and there have been no seizures since. Coincidence? Who knows? But just in case Mackey will continue on the CBD oil.

Spring is trying desperately to get under way here but winter keeps pushing back. We're getting dizzy from the roller coaster temps, 75 one day and 40 the next. Yesterday was 76 and today is chilly and rainy. Tomorrow is supposed to be 46. Still the plants and trees are doing their best to bloom. Yesterday we had a few Forsythia in bloom.

And the plum tree is ready to pop as soon as the weather stabilizes.
I've been stitching away during the cold evenings. For some strange reason I've become obsessed with sea creatures and lighthouses. I made this lobster.
Then he needed a friend, so here's a crab.
Next I turned to lighthouses.

We still have our nighttime visitors and tomorrow I'll tell you about their adventures. They keep us laughing.


1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Poor Mackey. You would think they get wiser as they get older but it never works out that way.
You sure do keep yourself busy and your projects are always beautiful.