Tuesday, April 5, 2022

My New Job

 Hi Everybody,

I can't wait to tell you all about my new, very important job. 

 I'm a tolltaker. That's right, I collect tolls. 

You see when we had lots of dogs living here we would all go upstairs at bedtime and Mom would give us each a bedtime cookie. Then we'd each find our bed and settle down for sleep. But things have changed since the other dogs left for the bridge. You can see here that Mom has just pushed everyone's beds into one corner of the room. I'm the only one now that sleeps in the bedroom. Syd has her crate downstairs, so I have my choice of dog beds.

  But I've decided that the routine should change a little so now at bedtime while Mom and Dad are turning off the lights and checking that the doors are locked, I race upstairs and plant my ample rump in the bedroom doorway. In order to get into the room Mom and Dad have to each pay me a toll.
 
 
This is what I accept as tolls.
I can count to four so I expect each person to pay me two treats. If they don't pay, I don't move.
After the tolls are paid, I jump onto the bed for my nightly belly rub.
Then I get down and make my selection of which bed to sleep in. It's a pretty easy job but it pays well and makes me very happy.
Your fat little pal, Mackey

4 comments:

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Brilliant! That is a great way to get extra treats.

Molly the Airedale said...

You are a smart girl, Mackey, and I want to have a job just like yours!

gMarie said...

Oh My! Your girls are getting so grey! How are you doing? g

Marjie said...

Thatcher loves those minis, too! You're getting quite white in the face, Mackey!