Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good Help Is Hard To Find

With ten dogs around I get lots of help during the day, whether I want it or not.

Noah sorts the dirty laundry. This sometimes results in socks being stolen.


Samba is a great help in putting the clean clothes away. She keeps them from escaping till I can put them where they belong.


Sky is my load the dishwasher buddy. He likes to lick the dirty plates. It took a while to teach him that the clean plates don't require licking. A couple times a week he'll add a toy, usually his ball to the load.


Now, what shall we make for dinner? We have a second refrigerator in the garage where I keep the yogurt. Some of the girls have learned to open it to check on supplies.They haven't helped themselves yet.

So with all this help, why is my house a mess?

14 comments:

SissySees said...

Sissy is still struggling with NOT licking clean dishes. I've noticed since the arrival of the new dishwasher, she's catching on. I wonder if the Knight was right and the old one really did a rotten job?

LizzieJane said...

I guess sometimes many hands don't always make for light work!
What adorable little helpers you have. One thing i know for sure you are never lonely in your house!
x

Dawn said...

Could hear the song "Whistle why you work" as I saw each pic! Love the fridge pic..hmmm what shall I eat!:)

dogquilter said...

Wilbur used to be terrible about taking socks but not so much anymore. Charlotte still keeps the laundry from escaping and they both help with the dishes. Aren't pups so funny. Gotta love them. If you figure out how to get them to clean please let us all know. :)

Dianne said...

I love that Sky adds a toy to the dishwasher - that's hilarious!

silfert said...

Do they also close the door? :)

Nicki said...

my "help" also licks dishes, supervises cleaning of the litter boxes and makes sure the vaccuum does not get out of control.

Unknown said...

I love that the dogs help you around the house. I remember once Dudley tried to air out the laundry by taking it all outside! g

Marjie said...

These are some funny pictures! I especially love the pup putting his ball in the DW!

Lapdog Creations said...

aww... great pics!!! Love your pack - and its great to get a little help now & then!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Haha, Alfie likes to help (mess) with the laundry....and they all think their heads belong in the dishwasher, they always perk up as i'm unwrapping the tablet as they think it's a treat....duuuh! No-one has tried to add a toy yet though!
Funny post :D
Slobbers xx

AllyB said...

Hey Sue! Thanks for your compliment on my new Grand-dog Boomer.

dreameyce said...

It's messy for the same reason MINE is! ;0P heehee

I loved this post!! I really Awwwed! Esp over the ball in the dishwasher. Just wanting to make sure the toy gets cleaned too!

Natalie Rush said...

Do you really have 10 dogs? Mine like to help with things too...like Abby likes to make sure there is a sock in every room of the house!