Monday, July 12, 2010

The Music Of The Night

Samba is a sweetheart. She is tremendously loyal and stays beside me at all times. If I leave the house without her, she cries horrible squeals of unhappiness.


She howls along with the rest of the pack when the phone rings more than two rings and she yips with glee as we head for the back yard. She grumbles if she's asked to do something she doesn't agree with or if another dog gets in her way. She's one of the most vocal dogs I've ever known.


Samba likes to sleep with this big dog at night when she isn't sleeping across my feet. She also is most comfortable on her back with all four feet waving in the air. I've mentioned before that Samba snores. She snores loudly.


Here is an example. This was taken yesterday while I was posting to my blog. Samba was asleep under my desk.


Several of her pups have inherited her snore. Sky, Noah and Norma Jean all snore just like their mom, so you can imagine what the night music sounds like at our house.

15 comments:

Zona said...

BOL! I thought I was the only one who squeals when the phone rings!! My family knows not to leave a message because I get upset and talk to the answering machine LOUDLY. Voicemail is likely in our future but the ringing will drive me crazy no matter what!

Don't you love the sound a snoring doggie?

Wags,
Zona

George The Lad said...

That sounds like me dad when he's napping on the sofa, no I think he's louder ;)
See Yea George xxx

♥I am Holly♥ said...

The video is adorable!! Holly snores also and sometimes it is very loud! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Molly the Airedale said...

The volume on your TV must have to be turned up pretty loudly for you to hear it!
We are pretty vocal dogs too, especially me!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

A chorus of snores. How beautiful.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Samba,

I thinks you sound beautiful when you snores! My mom says I snore so loud I can peel paints off the walls!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Stella said...

I didn't hear Samba snore and I don't hear Stella if she snores either. An advantage to bad ears?

Stella does like to be with me all of the time though. Especially in summer when a storm could come up any time. Even with her storm jacket on (which helps in many ways) she still likes to sleep on my feet! We are down for a big storm tomorrow too!

Cheers,
Jo and Stella

booahboo said...

Samba is a darling. Some dogs are tremendously loyal and that makes us love them more.

My Dommy here snores quite a bit too... and he sleeps all day and all night. When the other cute fella is not around, he just snores and snores and wait for me to play with him. But i guess all he probably needs is just another dog.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Samba you are to cute. Isn't snoring, yelling for momma and sleeping on your back the best?
Benny & Lily

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

That's a nice snore. A pretty, delicate snore. Try sleeping around Blog Mom. It's amazing how a human can sound like a diesel engine like that.

lotsa licks, Lola

Lorenza said...

A snoring concert! Sounds pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kerry said...

Wow, nice job Samba! This video makes me laugh!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Mom just read somewhere that if you ate a banana before going to bed, it would help you stop snoring. It's supposed to be a great treatment for people with sleep apena.

LizzieJane said...

What a great snorer! Even our cat snores while she is sleeping. I find it kind of comforting... but not when hubby does it!
x

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

BOL - too funny. TD is quite the snorer too and Ciara would give any pup a run for the money with her singing - the kennel said she was quite entertaining on her recent stay.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara