Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's Almost Here!

Hi everybody, it's me Fudge.
Mom hasn't been sharing the blog lately but I told her I had a lot to say so she said I could post today. I need to catch you up on everything that's been happening. First Mom told us that Spring is coming this week. 


Can you believe it? It sure has been a long time since winter came to town. Last week was pretty warm and nice. We got to play outside a lot. The only bad part was that we got our feet washed every time we came in. Then on Sunday morning Mom opened the front door and look what we found.
This is just wrong! It wasn't even the nice snow  to play in. It was icy and nasty. It snowed all day and we wound up with about three inches. Then on Monday it all went away again. How does that work anyway?

Now Mom says that Spring will be here tomorrow. We're watching and waiting. Mom's little tulip plant is growing and she says that's a sign of spring along with the mud in the yard.
I have to tell you about the exciting thing that happened the other night. It was bedtime and Dad put leashes on Syd and Mac to take them out for a final pee. When he opened the front door he didn't know that the cat was asleep in the chair on the porch. Mac saw it first before the cat even woke up and charged toward it. Noah and I were watching from the doorway. Mac made a grab for the cat but  there was one problem. The cat is bigger than Mac.



That cat jumped in the air and wade a big yowling noise. Then it flew off the porch. Did you know that cats could fly? We didn't either, but that cat flew. I don't think it's feet ever touched the floor. Mac was left with a mouth full of cat hair. She and Syd made an awful racket, barking and whining and it took a long time for them to settle down and go to sleep that night. Nice try, Mackey.
Well, I guess I'd better go watch for Spring. I don't want to miss it when it gets here. I have a new springtime song to share with you tomorrow after Spring arrives. See you soon,

Your pal, Fudge

8 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

OMD, a giant cat?! Was Mac skeered??

Two French Bulldogs said...

I'm glad mom is finally sharing. That kitty kat would have skeeeeered me too. Go watch for spring. It will be right around the corner
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Ruby said...

Oooooooh, I knows kitteh's can fly!!! I make our neighbor's kitteh 'fly' every chance I gets!!! BOL
You should see it go!! hehehe
I can't waits to hear your song!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Winter is really holding on this year. Hope that tulip is right.

Now, a CAT on YOUR territory. We're glad you made it FLY! The cats across the street have been coming over at night into OUR yard! The Cheek!

XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

Marjie said...

A giant cat, eh? Maybe he just wants to play with a friendly dog like you?

I hope you are right and spring comes tomorrow, but I'm not believing it looking at the sky today.

Molly the Airedale said...

We had no idea that cats could fly! We'll be watchin' the sky for sure!
We can't wait to see your mom's tulips blooming, Fudge!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Jan said...

Cats are evil and they carry five deadly weapons with them.

booahboo said...

Giant cats drop by at nite? that's scarry.. i think i'll waiting for Spring would be a better idea than jumping on them giant cats :D You are the wise one Fudge. Have a wonderful day!