Friday, August 22, 2008

Noah's Bad Day

This is Noah.



He was the smallest of our pups at birth and at 22 months is still the smallest. He is an active, happy boy who loves everyone.



Noah and his sister Lola went to be groomed today. We dropped them off early this morning and Noah rushed into the arms of C, his groomer. He was happy to see her and trotted into the back room to his kennel without even looking back.



About two hours later I received a call. While clipping Noah, C had found a sizable growth on his neck. She had alerted his Vet and they were asking for permission to aspirate it. Of course, I agreed.



Dr. B went over and did the procedure. A short while later we spoke on the phone. He doesn't think the cells look like cancer cells, but he's not sure what it is.



Dr. B said we should watch it for awhile and apply warm compresses to it. If it grows, we need to operate immediately.



When we picked the pups up the Doctor showed me the growth, which was much larger than I had imagined. Under all his hair I never discovered it.



After losing Lucy just last week, I told him that I would, of course, obsess about it until we knew what it was. He agreed that to ease my fears we should operate.



Noah is having surgery Wednesday morning to remove the growth on his neck and it will be sent to a lab, if necessary, for diagnosis.




Keep good thoughts in your heart for little Noah.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm sending good thoughts and healing vibes Noah's way. [[[Hugs]]] to you, too!

SissySees said...

Oh Sue!!! Please keep me posted. I do sincerely hope it was a weird, "innocent" growth that will never again bother you or Noah again.

Nicki said...

I imagine it will be fine but to take it off is never wrong-I'd do the same thing!

Lapdog Creations said...

Sending good thoughts and healing vibes to the gorgeous Noah!