Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dressing Up

Think about all your favorite possessions. It's hard to choose, isn't it? Now think about your dog's possessions. There are only a few, his dinner bowl, his bed or blanket, maybe a favorite toy and most important of all his collar. When I remove my dogs collars they get antsy and seem relieved when I put them back on.

Most of my dogs wear Lupine collars and we've actually put the warranty to the test. Sky broke the clasp on his and we sent it back to the company. In about a week we received a brand new collar, no questions asked.

Samba wears a super soft Planet Dog collar to safeguard her sensitive skin.
Noah is wearing a hand me down collar that used to belong to Fudge. I felt bad for him, he deserves his very own collar, so I started shopping for the perfect collar for him. It wasn't easy, most of the collars were feminine with polka dots or flowers. Lots of pinks and yellows, but I kept looking and there it was, a nice masculine collar for Noah.
It's dark blue with bright red lobsters, just right for a water dog. Some of the first toys the pups had were stuffed lobsters. And of course we got the matching leash.

While I was searching for Noah's collar, I found something that made me smile and I couldn't resist. You're all familiar with this picture. This is Bailey with her best friend Monkey.
Look what I found for Bailey.
Here's a better look at the print. Isn't it cute?
They have lots of other items with the same monkey print, blankets and shirts and harnesses. I had to fight the urge to get them, but I know Bailey will enjoy her new collar and leash.

Don't think our new boy Sebastian is being left out. When we found him he was wearing an old faded collar. The print was worn off on most of it, so he's also getting a new collar. When I bought Tsar's collar several years ago, I liked it so much that I bought two. One has never been worn and it will now be Sebastian's.
It's black and tan, like him and I'm sure he'll enjoy having something new that's all his.


14 comments:

Jo's World said...

You know, I have thought too about what Stella "owns" but more than that, I think about how she does things. She wants today and tomorrow to be exactly like yesterday and the day before. Don't move her dish to another location, don't move her bed anywhere but where it is, don't even think of moving her toy box, or asking her to go pee out the side door, its gotta be the back door for peeing. Is she OC or what is it? Are any of the Porties this way? It just gets me a little crazy sometimes! (But I still love her.)

By the way, I love the monkey collar, and lead. Perfect!

Jo

Molly the Airedale said...

New collars - what fun! The girlie monkey is just perfect for you, Bailey!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

SissySees said...

We too have Lupines because we test warranties. Noah's new collar is dashing and cool, but Bailey's is perhaps the most perfect collar ever.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Oooh, we love your collars. Sometimes we wear collars, other times we don't. We have told mum we definitely need prettier ones though! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Donna said...

Those collars are pretty. :)

The Life of Riley said...

What great collars you have chosen! They suit you so well. I love reading about what makes us differnt and even wrote a post two years ago about how I got my collar http://rileytheretriever.blogspot.co.nz/2010/07/what-does-yours-say-about-you.html

I found the comments really interesting as I learnt how my cyber friends got their collars.

Since Enzo arrived I still a blue collar dog (but not denim anymore) with a blue paw print ID tag. Enzo has a black collar (as his breeder he was the puppy with the little black collar at the breeders) with a black tag. This way humans can tell us apart from a distance, as we try to confuse them sometimes!

I enjoyed your post.

Love and woofs to you all,
Riley

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

All the collars are so nice, especially the one for Sebastian. Mom would love to get us all some nice new collars, but with the no-sibe fence, we all have to go naked these days. We tend to stick our heads in the scroll-y part of the fence and get caught - too much risk of choking ourselves. She even got breakaway ones but some pup managed to find the ones that would break away and chewed them up. So now we must be naked:(

Did you get hit with storms? We see there was a bad microburst in Warsaw. We are still waiting for even a few drops. 106 today.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

To start CONGRATS AND WELCOME to your new boy Sebastian!! I love a good and happy ending, and he certainly has been given that!! :-) And being given a new collar for a new life marks the beginning of an exciting chapter for him!

Two French Bulldogs said...

what cool collars
Benny & Lily

Matilda the Boxer said...

What pretty collars! I love the one with the lobsters. You're right, it's so hard to find good manly collars. My sissy and I each have a couple that I switch between for the different seasons.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I wondered if Lupine really stood behind that guarantee - I use their collars on all of my dogs too and it amazes me every time I wash one. It goes into the laundry looking all grungy and comes out looking like a new collar!! I always recommend Lupine collars and Boomerang tags.

Congrats to you on Sebastian - It sounds like he'll fit in well.

Dexter said...

We don't get to change up our collars too much because momma is very lazy and hates switching the tags over from one to another, but it always feels good to have a nice new one on.

I am loving the monkey leash and collar. How fitting.

Slobbers,
Mango

Kari in Alaska said...

Love those new collars

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Lapdog Creations said...

I love seeing Samba rock that green PD collar! :) IT found the perfect home!
And of course, love all the Lupine goodness... but man, those monkeys are THE best find ever!