Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis The Season To Be Jolly

This afternoon we had our second annual Lakeside Christmas Party. We live in the southern part of the state and we have family that lives in the northern part of the state, so we meet in between, have lunch and exchange gifts.


Today we went to this wonderful little restaurant. This place is holding a benefit for the animal shelter this weekend, so it seemed a good choice to give them our business. The staff was friendly and the food was delicious. My one regret was that I didn't save room for one of the special desserts.



The other members of the family didn't come inside. Morgan and Sky waited in the car and after lunch we went to J's house where Splash and Grace were waiting. Winston and Rusty stayed home this year.

Sky and Grace are litter mates and haven't seen each other in several months, but were happy to meet again and had a case of the zoomies all around the house. Grace is much faster than Sky and he couldn't possibly keep up. Splash acted as cheerleader, barking each time they came through the room.


Morgan came with gifts. There were new blankets for Splash and Grace.


Splash picked the tan one and carried it around the room.





Gracie modeled the blue blanket for us.

Splash realized that there were a couple bags of dog treats in the gifts and began a campaign for treats that ended with his head stuffed in Rob's jacket pocket trying to get the last crumbs.

I sometimes wonder if I have made a wrong decision in raising my dogs. Should I have been more strict or less strict? Should I have caught some behavior before it got out of control? Why didn't I pick up on something before we needed a vet visit?

There is one decision I have never questioned. Letting J adopt my puppy Grace was a perfect decision. These two were meant for each other. In case you doubt that, look at them together. Notice Gracie's smile.


I don't know if J realized that by adopting Grace, she was getting the rest of us too. Every dog breeder's goal is to place their pups in the very best home available. We all lucked out.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Brought a tear to my eye, it did. I love that Sissy's breeder stops in for visits at the shop, and that the Knight's Uncle drives past their farmette regularly and I get reports. (Sissy's father is often on the porch now, so we're hopeful that she too will settle down one year.) Gretchen's breeder will be added to our Christmas card list too, although sadly, I don't look for the same relationship with them.