Thursday, July 2, 2015

Escalation

Last night we set the traps and put a biscuit near each of them. I put the lid on the biscuit box and all the other treats went into the refrigerator for safe keeping. We turned off the lights and went to bed.

It was not a restful night due to strong storms in the area. The thunder boomers and lightning show began at midnight and lasted till 7 this morning with buckets of rain falling. Needless to say, I had some very restless dogs.
This morning at six Rob and I went to the garage ahead of the dogs hoping to find a fat mousie in one of the traps. What we found didn't make me at all happy. All the biscuits around the traps were gone. The traps were sprung and thrown on the floor. As far as I'm concerned, it was a challenge. This is not a mouse that we're dealing with. I leaning toward a possum but it could be most anything.

So the battle has escalated. I called around this morning in search of a Have A Heart trap. No one had one available, so I turned to my favorite store, Amazon. They had one and it's on it's way.

Till it arrives we'll continue with the little snap traps and a limited number of biscuits to keep it from looking for other food. I intend to win this battle and hopefully no one will be injured. This is the result I'm looking forward to.

6 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Well, whatever it is, we hope you can catch him. We have to put a stop to all the stealing of our pals' biscuits.

A couple of weeks ago, when we went out our garage door for our walk with Mom, we pulled her over to the big spruce tree next to the garage door. She thought we were just smelling a rabbit who might have once been under the tree but now gone. Was she ever surprised when we both pulled our heads out with our mouths wrapped around the body of a gigantic possum - we had him good by his torso. But then we heard that darn "leave it" command along with a few screams. We dropped our prize and he slowly walked away. Those critters sure don't move very fast. If it weren't for our leashes, we would have had him again.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We were thinking possum OR raccoon. Quite a mystery. Sounds like it's quite a cheeky whatever! Good luck.

Ruby said...

OMD, like I told you....I am available for a stake out...just leave the ten pounds of biscuits and a margarita, I get the little bugger!!! Oh, I guess I can't promise to be 'cruelty free'...☺
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

rottrover said...

Do you have raccoons in Springfield? They're smart and naughty!!

The Life of Riley said...

Try putting a big lump of peanut butter on your trap - take longer to steal and seems to work for catching certain things!

Molly the Airedale said...

We can't wait till you get to the bottom of this - slimy sneaky little bugger!