Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Great Easter Biscuit Hunt - part 1

Yesterday was a cold, gray, drizzly day. The prospects for the Great Hunt weren't looking good. I was thinking we might have to wait till mid week. This morning at 6 it was very foggy outside. I had to turn on the outside lights when I took the dogs out. But, by 10 AM the sun was shining and it had warmed up. The time was right for our 3rd Irregularly Scheduled Easter Biscuit Hunt.

Rob and I hid about 2 1/2 pounds of dog biscuits. Some were in plain sight, easy to get to. Some were behind things in the yard or under things. At the bottom of the hill we just threw handfuls of biscuits into the grass.


I hid some in Bailey's hole.


While we hid biscuits, the dogs waited patiently in the garage.


Did I say patiently? No peeking allowed.


Finally we opened the door and the hunt was on. The first year we did this, Morgan didn't have a clue what was going on and didn't find a single biscuit. This year she was the first to find one.


The pups started out hunting in groups.


Morgan was cleaning up this time.


Bailey found the ball. Does that count?


The pack found several hidden around the chiminea.


Noah had a little trouble at first. He was on the right track. Notice the biscuit by his back foot. Once he located that one, he got into the swing of it.


Fudge was stuffing himself with biscuits. He had to stop to chew before going on to look for more.


Norma Jean caught on right away and got a good share of the treats.


Here they're checking out the hole.


Samba found most of the ones hidden in the hole.


Tess was having a lot of trouble with this game. She didn't know where to look. I helped her find several and then suddenly she started finding them herself. She's a bit slower to catch on than the others, but next time she'll do just fine.


The one on the step is still there.


Morgan got it.


Lola came to tell me how much fun this game is. She had a big smile on her face.


The gang discovered that there were lots of biscuits in the grass downhill, so they all went looking.

Tomorrow I'll post part two and tell who the winners were. If the day is as nice as today, we might even do it again. I think Rob and I are the winners.

6 comments:

LizzieJane said...

What fun, fun, fun! Thanks for sharing those sweet pic's. Now I am looking forward to part 2!
X

soulbrush said...

roflol what a lotta fun...we do none of this for snuffs, not fun with just one doggie really...you are rob are definitely the winners and there's an award for you on my blog. hugs. am waiting for part 2.

Unknown said...

I love it. We loaded Beau & Lucy into the truck and took them to the spa - I'll eventually be the winner but right now I smell like a wet dog! g

Tee said...

Such great photos capturing all that fun!

xox

SissySees said...

That just warms my heart. We didn't do a hunt yesterday because my aunt's oldest dog is now deaf and rather touchy, especially around Sissy. Maybe this weekend, or one DRY, nice evening this week?

Natalie Rush said...

That is too funny!! :) I love it!